Ive fallen in love with silkies...

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
At first I didnt like them..
But now I just want to snuggle with one!
I want to buy a hen or two to put in a small coop.
I want to use them for brooding..
I want a black one and a white one but if I get a roo...what color should I get?
What happens if you breed a black hen with a white roo or a white roo with a black hen?

Do white silkies only come from a line of whites? vice versa?

Last edited:
big_smile.png
wink.png

Who knew chickens had so much power?

They are horrible little creatures!!!! I really wasn't interested in getting any of them but my 11 y/o wanted one sooooooooo bad. Well, we got 3....2 blue and 1 white. Still really wasn't that fond of them. They were spastic, obnoxious babies. Now they are 10 weeks old. Sometimes they go on trips to pick the boys up from school with me. All the time I coo and talk baby talk to them. I didn't talk baby talk to my kids....of course my Silkies won't need speech therapy if I do. I talk about how much they love their Granny (that's me LOL) and how much Granny loves them. They like to sit in my lap and make me lean over so they can preen my hair. I am contemplating just keeping them in a large dog kennel in the house because the thought of putting them outside makes me feel sick.

Silkies are EVIL. Sorry you have fallen under the spell.
sad.png

Don't feel bad... mine lives in the house. We have wood floors and are currently 'potty training'. I think its going well...

Sleeps at night on the nightstand on my husbands side of the bed... in a basket.

Or in her own dog bed with the dogs... she kept on kicking them out of their beds so she now has a pink one of her own.

She has a car basket... she loves the beach. Beach sand baths are the best... at least that's what she tells me.

She likes grated moserella cheese... never chedder... unless it's irish chedder. The extremely expensive kind.

Did I mention she snores at night... at least she makes the sound. I guess it comes from sleeping on my husbands side of the bed... she thinks thats the sound you make when you go to sleep.

She says thank you too. I never knew chickens could talk.

Don't raise one in the house... they are like your kids... they never leave. At least the kids go off to college!

Soon you will be making them spaggetti. With fresh tomato sauce. Even though you are having hamburgers for dinner. Just because she likes spaggetti... I hate silkies. Evil. Evil. The mind power it takes to make someone make spaggetti for you... I wouldn't make seperate spaggetti for my grandmother... Evil.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom