I've gotten myself in quite a pickle*LONG*

Oh gosh, I am so sorry this happened!!
hugs.gif

I know exactly what you are talking about with the play bark! I have a (our guess) pit mix and I can totally distinguish his different barks. There's one for "let me outside" when he needs to go potty, one for when a stranger pulls up and then of course the "play with me" bark! Kinda high pitched... Its cute!
big_smile.png

Sounds like the wife doesn't want to make a big deal out of it but the husband does. I hope it smoothes over quickly for you guys.

ALso sorry that hubby and you are fighting now.
sad.png
DH and I get like that when we're stressed. It's will all work out!
hugs.gif

I would instruct my children not to let the dog out in the yard when they are not right there with him. If you never let him out unsupervised then there will always be an eyewitness as to what is going on.

Having a neighbor like that can be very stressful on your lives and it’s so unfortunate. People shouldn’t have to live with that kind of stress on a daily basis. Keep the dog in the house and take him on long walks away from your neighborhood...like maybe a local park where the two of you can relax and get some exercise.

I wouldn't imagine you are at fault at all, the woman was in your yard without your permission. In other words, she was trespassing. In the future though, I wouldn't leave the dog in your yard when you aren't home. Also, I'd padlock the gate. Sorry you are in this position.

The new husband sounds like a gem. I think she's going to be regretting him before too long. He sounds like a bully and a jerk. She came on your property without permission and got "bit"; she was wrong not the doggie. Sorry you have to put up with such a jerkface. About having too many animals...most everyone here is in the same boat; but they start enforcing when you start attracting attention. Maybe a preventitive call to animal control might be healthy.

Animal Control pulled up out front of my house at nine pm last night. I was outside talking to my neighbor across the street, and almost peed my pants.

However, they were going to a house across the street. Seems a boy had been bit in the woods at the end of our street by a stray brown and white pit- and they were accusing these neighbors of it being their dog. *It wasn't- their dogs never get out*...

After it was done and over with, I made small talk with the pound guy. Joked about it being overtime for him, at least. "We have to stop meeting like this" (same guy came out here last year when the people down the street had a pack of five pits that would torment everyone every day, growling and snarling and running free in the neighborhood. Finally the pound took them away.) Told him that I would keep my eye out for a stray pit. "Scary to have a biting dog loose with all the kids around here" blah,blah,blah...directed his attention to the houses a block away. "I don't know who has brown pits...hmm, house on the corner, then a house on the next block...etc."

I spent quite some time yesterday evening talking with the neighbor behind me. She has two pit bulls and they dug under my fence. She was telling me that if I ever have any problems with her dogs, her kids, etc. please just talk to her and she will do her best to correct the problem.
About that same time, Carmen- my golden comet- who was nice and quiet in her hidden chicken yard, way up by my house- spied me by the 'tomato bushes'. She started fussing and clucking. LOUD. Telling me to hurry up and bring her a tomato. The rest of the girls were quiet. I laughed it off with the neighbor and said, "Oh yeah, I have a chicken. But I promise to share eggs when I get them." She told me she had no idea that I had a chicken- and I told her, "thats because she is a SECRET." No problem there, that is a good neighbor.

As for the neighbor next door, we havent heard anything yet. They are not speaking to us. My husband has exchanged words with the 18 year old son, but not related to my dog. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop-and a significant source of stress for me. I am trying to find homes for three of my cats-and I am hoping that I can afford some privacy fence panels by the middle of next month.

Oh my gosh, you poor thing. It seems like it's never ending, doesn't it? At least the nice neighbor found out about the chicken; not the mean one. Glad you got to "suck up" to the pound guy, that's EXACTLY what I would have done. Get some brownie points, that never hurts! I sure will keep you in my thoughts, hopefully this nightmare will settle down soon!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Thanks- and you are right. Sucking up- I'm all for it. I would do a blanket drive for blanket donations but the pound doesn't use them. And their dog food comes from the big companies as a free food program. So, I can only suck up so much. Brownie points brownie points..I wonder if they would actually eat brownies if I made some for them? Might make myself look suspicious then, though.

edit to say:

I could give them some fresh eggs
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom