I've Killed It! It Never Stood a Chance! Graphic Photos

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
After carefully repotting my plant, my plant was on the mend! It looked beautiful! Bright green leaves, rich color, new growth.

I put it outside for a day and apparently while I was at work, it got too cold. The plant is now a lovely shade of yellow and brown with leaves falling off of it. There's still green leaves, but the yellow and brown leaves make it look so sad.

Is there anything I can do to help it? Will it live at all?

Mind you, it WAS all pretty green:
DSCF0741.jpg

and here it is in all it's dying and dead glory:
DSCF0742.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea! It "looks" tropical. I'll take a photo of it, but it's so depressing to look at. I don't know what it could be? It's not an ivy..

RoPo, let's start a Houseplant Killers Club. I've only got a green thumb on outdoor vegetation. Everything I bring into the house ends up dead.

Here's hoping a little TLC brings it back. If it doesn't make it, pop it in the compost. At least then it wasn't a complete loss.

Quote:
that day, it went from 60* to 40*. The other plant loved the colder weather, but this one...not so much. Photos are being loaded as we speak.

amyable, I think I might have to join that club...the other plant is at least growing another leaf!!
big_smile.png

It's been about 2 weeks since the cold snap happened. It hasn't gotten any better so far. Is it because I haven't been getting the dead leaves off of it?

It's a diffenbachia- aka Dumb Cane, because if eaten it paralyzes the vocal cords- among other things. Very toxic.

Looks like too much sun, rather than the cold. Cut off the dead/dying leaves- they will not recover. Keep in in filtered light, allow it to regrow, and keep pets away. Don't fertilize this time of year. Keep slightly moist, not wet. It is a tropical plant. Warmth and humidity are best. It will come back!

Back
Top Bottom