I've learned a bunch over summer

I <3 Chicks

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 26, 2010
Ormond Beach
This summer I stopped eating meat because I realized how unhealthy meat is for humans.
Meat is the root cause of many illnesses, plus we have to harm animals in order to attain meat.
yea maybe if we were designed to break down meat but we aren't and it's bad for us!

It is not my intention to force people to become vegetarians. However, vegetarianism is my answer to complete health and wholeness. The three issues to consider in regard to vegetarianism are: spiritual, mental, and physical (nutritional). Meat is costly and it is the most wasteful source of resources. When one removes meat from his or her diet, a whole new world of eating opens up. Cooking and preparing vegetarian style is no more time consuming than cooking meat. It costs less than half as much to eat vegetarian as it does to eat meat. There are excellent, nutritious, and easy to prepare vegetarian dishes that are Italian, Chinese, Indian, Mid-Eastern, French, Spanish, etc. In my opinion, there are far more benefits to becoming a vegetarian then there are becoming or staying a meat eater. Due to the fact that I was raised on meat, I have the wonderful experiences from both worlds. As a meat eater, I was constantly sick, tired, and overweight. As a vegetarian, I am healthy, full of energy, and maintaining a perfect weight. I love being a vegetarian and it shows. Because I wish the best for myself, it’s just second nature to want the best for others. From my past experience and research, going vegetarian is the best thing anyone can do for their mind, body and spirit.

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for
survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."

"An estimated 85 percent of all U.S agricultural land is used in the production of animal foods, which in turn is linked
with deforestation, destruction of wildlife species, extinction of species, loss of soil productivity, mineral deletion and erosion, water pollution and depletion, overgrazing, and desertification."

"There is no fundamental difference between man and the higher animals in their mental faculties... The lower animals, like man, manifestly feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery."

"I don't understand why asking people to eat a well-balanced vegetarian diet is considered drastic, while it is medically conservative to cut people open and put them on cholesterol-lowering drugs for the rest of their lives."

"When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy."

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be vegetarian."

My friend was vegan and felt unwell after a few years.She slowly add a small bt of meats(not reds) to her diet).If you are careful hopefully you will not experience the same. My cholesterol numbers were very good when I went meatless. I like having some meat,but more as a compliment to meals rather than the main portion on the plate.My dh and son are total carnivores,lol.

Wishing you good heath and enjoy the new foods. I loved looking into vegetarian dishes from all over. I liked the middle eastern and south american dishes among the many many good stuff.Each country seems to have soooooo many good meatless meals.

I am not a vegetarian, but I cook in such a way that a pound or two of meat, will last me a week. Mostly stews, soups or stir fry....Beef is off the table, simply because of the cost.

As for vegetarian dishes being equivalent in taste to anything with a little bit of animal fat, sorry. There is not a chef, in his right mind, who would try to cook without beef or chicken stock, as a base for many dishes

The flavor is in the fat!!!!!!!

I only eat meat now that I grow/process myself. .. and I eat alot more veggies than I do meat.. But there are proteins and fats that you do not get out of eating anything other than meat. What made me feel the best so far, has been cutting out as much processed food as possible!

Back
Top Bottom