I've Lost It Completely-Yep, Nuts, Just Nuts

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Wasn't going to hatch anything till spring. Nothing. As you know, I have three week olds and one week old chicks(total of 7) in my brooder. I also have 5 due Nov 14, 2 due Nov 16, 5 more due Nov 21st and tomorrow, I'm putting in about 9 more eggs that will be due the 24th. The reason for so many staggers is I'm collecting for myself in between customers so I can't get alot at one time. I have one lady who wants one pullet each of the three breeds I raise, so I have to be sure to hatch enough pullets for her, me and someone else, who knows who she is, LOL.
So, I'll have youngsters all winter long. I keep telling myself at least I'll have my few pullets laying by springtime. Yeah, that's the excuse.
roll.png

LOL, it isnt just Suede's babies Im hatching, but Scout's and Hawkeye's, too. Sure hope someone wants one of Suede's sons-in the brooder right now, I have a black and that lighter blue, both cockerels and real beauties, too. The blue is gorgeous, but had the nerve not to be a girl!

I'm not as nuts as you are but just hatched 3, have 4 due Wednesday, and just put 8 silkie eggs in that will be due on the 21st.
I've already told myself that I've got to stop this after the silkie eggs!!

yur just a stone's throw away from Charlotte my friend, hmmm, I might need sum of them there eggs.....hee hee
tongue.png

its a freakin disease i tell ya...i have a flock of 21 already + 3 ducks, then in the brooder i have 5 mille fleur d'uccle bantams, 3 silkies, 3 frizzle cochin bantams, 2 australorps, 1 white rock, 1 light brahma, 1 female rouen duckling ( to replace the one who got killed by the freakin weasel), and in the incubator 1 survivor mutt chicken called macgyver, 3 more of our eggs which the dog didnt TOTALLY destroy but i still dont think will hatch, 11 of cynthias awesome ameraucanas ( hope i get a beautiful male like the black with the green shimmering on it and a couple of blue and black girls), and 6 of suedes blue orp eggs....what in the hell am i going to do with all these babies??????

Which reminds me...I have a 4x8 coop which Im planning on putting the babies out in when they are feathered up...If i put 2 x 250W heat lamps out in there suspended from the ceiling would that keep the coop hot enough in the current 30-50F temperatures for the babies not to die? I had planned on putting them out at 4 weeks old or so.

Back
Top Bottom