I've really lost a little faith in humanity tonight

Quote:
In the first place, your mayor, assuming he heard these jerks, should have told them they were OUT OF ORDER, pronto. He lost control of the meeting. Any person worth his salt would have told those yayhoos to shut their mouths or be ejected from the meeting.

I'd send him a copy of Robert's Rules of Order.

Stay strong- everyone here is behind you. I have been following this story for awhile and i have to praise you and your daughter both for enduring that (which is truely childish!!!
smack.gif
). The more publicity, the better!

Quote:
I'll put it on my calendar so I remember to pray for you! Can you feed the ducks out of your hand on camera, call them by name, pick them up and cuddle with them and then say something like, "They are just like any pet anyone could have" but quieter...

What an ordeal this is!!
hugs.gif
I sure hope your daughter handles everything OK, prayers for her too!! I'd come to help you get ready if I lived closer to you.

GOOD LUCK

About having her at the council meeting...... There is no way I could have stopped her from coming. she could have walked to it if i didn't bring her. And maybe I'm naive......but the fact that anyone would have laughed/mocked/been insulting to her personally, NEVER even crossed my mind!! Plus, we weren't there to "speak" i was told we would just stand up at our seats and answer some questions. But both nikki and i were asked to come up to the podium in front and talk about the ducks.

Quote:
I've had foster kids for 10 years and taught school for 5 years before that. NO, you did well by taking her and although the idiots mocked her she needed to experience it. It is helping her to overcome this a healthier person that is important. Here is some history that might help her a bit. When Benjamin Franklin went before parliament to discuss problems in America, he was made fun in much the same way your daughter was. Of course, he got his revenge by being a strong support for starting a revolution. (Revolutionary War) The point is he stood strong in his convictions and it made a huge difference. Stand up for yours too and if you are interviewed about it... throw that little tidbid of history at them.
smile.png
BTW, you can watch this historical event unfold on the movie John Adams.

As far as a muddy run, I know a bit about that too. I would throw down several layers of pine mulch you can get from Tractor Supply and then throw hay on top of that. Ducks are horribly messy and will get it all back down to mud eventually but it'll look good for the press. I agree the better you look for the public the more likely you will get what you want. Since your daughter is the one wanting to keep the ducks it would also be good for her to purchase and put down the bedding as it helps her learn how to manage the public for her own good. Who knows, she might be our modern day Benjamin Franklin.
smile.png

Dave

Last edited:
What a sad testament on human behavior. I would write a letter to the local paper thanking the council for taking the matter under further consideration and call out the bad behavior on the part of the adults who taunted your child with rude remarks. I agree that drawing a little media attention to their behavior could be a good thing. While it's hard to believe based on the behavior of those individuals most people are at heart good, caring folks and would be downright angered at their treatment of your daughter and may garner you so much needed support.

It sounds as though your daughter, while young, has much dignity and grace about her and handled herself very well. It is especially difficult in emotionally charged situations to hold your head up and speak truth without engaging the idiots who behave badly. She should be proud and so should you.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
After thinking about this for a while, I wonder how much of the heckling was done by friends and acquaintances of the neighbor who complained out them.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, and then you win!" Ghandi

Sorry to hear that.

I'll pray that your next meeting is more succesfull.

Quote:
i was in middle school arond the age of your daughter and the only way to get my school to try to stop kids making fun of me is threning to sue/ telling the schoolbroed and homeshool plus send my older sister back to stanten it out...again but i know as you daughter propply feels because some of the treachers are as bad but karma coming back araound and going to bite them in the
duc.gif
but i really hope you win the case and im very sorry about you daughter getting made fun of you can tell the sentor/whoever more powerful then them plus plese exuse my spelling because i can't spell plus
hugs.gif
to her

If your daughter wants to be involved, let her. She sounds like she is growing up. I'd have her there when they visit if possible. She can tell them how she has raised them and how she'd like to keep them. Kids can be powerful motivators.

Does this neighbor have dog? have a teenager ? have car without a muffler? It wouldn't hurt if you could mention that you yourself also put up with noise such as loud barking, music or muffler. We all intrude into each others lives when housing is closer than 5 acre tracks or so. We have to learn to ignore some things. I could understand (not the teasing) but the complaint if you had a roo that crowed at 4am everyday.

But then again my neighbor has a Jeep without a muffler that he runs very loudly at 5 am. You don't see me calling the sheriff.

Back
Top Bottom