Ivermectin for mites & lice...not worms

@castportpony, thanks that's good to know, how did you know he had lice though? I was looking at my chickens today and couldn't see anything, mites or lice, but I'm sure they have them. Several have bald patches on their backs(not from roosters), some have missing rump feathers & vent area is really red, and others look like something has been chewing on their feathers.

I have a chick(about 5 days old) who's been having issues, his eyes keep getting stuck closed, keeps getting pasty butt, and I know it has lice cause I was holding it to give some eye lubricating drops and I saw a little lice on my finger, before I could kill it, it ran & jumped backed into the chick lol.

When you gave the 1% orally did you mix with propylene glycol?

@castportpony, thanks that's good to know, how did you know he had lice though? I was looking at my chickens today and couldn't see anything, mites or lice, but I'm sure they have them. Several have bald patches on their backs(not from roosters), some have missing rump feathers & vent area is really red, and others look like something has been chewing on their feathers.

I have a chick(about 5 days old) who's been having issues, his eyes keep getting stuck closed, keeps getting pasty butt, and I know it has lice cause I was holding it to give some eye lubricating drops and I saw a little lice on my finger, before I could kill it, it ran & jumped backed into the chick lol.

When you gave the 1% orally did you mix with propylene glycol?
I grabbed him and checked, lol. Lots were crawling on his vent. He's a 3-4 year old that has never been treated for anything, so I'm not surprised he had them.

When I give it orally I do not mix with propylene glycol.

Quote: I applied it pretty generously, as in a drop under each wing, one on his back, and one on his neck (he's quite small, so it was probably way to much for one his size). I wanted to avoid his vent because I wanted to make sure it worked by being adsorbed, not by touching them.

Last edited:

This is what I have (not advertising) lol, might not be enough for 39 standard chickens, 13 bantams, and 16 chicks.

Back
Top Bottom