Ivermectin Overdose?

Pics

louiseschwieker

Songster
Jul 6, 2016
I have a hen who is about 2 years old I gave her some Ivermectin on her back for mites. I think I put too much on her and I don't know what to do because she's acting lethargic. And she won't eat. Is there anything that I can give her to rid it of her body

See if she'll eat mealworms, chickens love those. Try and get some food in her, give her treats if she'll take them. I don't know any 100% effective ways to get it off, I'm sorry. Maybe you could try giving her a bath, or you give her lots of water to drink she can get it out of her system. But if it gets worse maybe visit a vet. Good luck!

She has lost a lot of weight from being sick beforehand. Maybe 2 lbs now. I had the ivermectin in a dropper that i realized was broken and it spilled out. Shes sitting with her head underneath her but she can bring it up but not for long. She's been drinking Pedialyte off and on for about 2 hours now

This is how she has been since this morning
20181106_175121.jpg

I don't think the Ivermec od is the prob. If it was in a dropper, and spilled out, The most she got was a dropper full? Did it get in her mouth or eyes? Maybe someone who has more experience with this will come along, but I can't actually find anything saying a chicken is showing symptoms after an overdose of the pour on.

Back
Top Bottom