Ivermectin Overdose?

I didn't get it in her eyes or even around her face. It might just be her time to go.
Do you think the mites are her only illness? My birds never lost a lot of weight with mites, but they have with coccidiosis. Not saying thats what she has but thats when all my chickens ever lost much weight.

I'm sorry that she is still not doing well.
From the photo and your other threads about her, your girl is very sick. IIRC, she has a respiratory illness too?
The bending of the head like that looks like Wry Neck. Silkies seem to be more susceptible to certain illnesses, diseases and conditions.
Marek's comes to mind as the main cause which is has caused weakness and allowed underlying conditions to take hold. The only thing you can do is offer her supportive care with vitamin E and B vitamins (400IU daily Vit. E and 1/2 tablet B-Complex).

If she is declining further, it may be best to end her misery and send the body to your state lab to find out the cause.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...sease-testing-lab-info.1236884/#post-19849025

Now I'm scared to use Ivermectin, I just bought some for my chickens with mites. The mites aren't going so I thought it would be a good product to use, but I definitely don't want to put my babies in danger. I haven't used it yet should I?

Now I'm scared to use Ivermectin, I just bought some for my chickens with mites. The mites aren't going so I thought it would be a good product to use, but I definitely don't want to put my babies in danger. I haven't used it yet should I?
That's up to you. I wouldn't be afraid of it. I don't think the OP's chicken is dealing with an od. I use Permithrin for any lice or mites. In my opinion, it works better.

Which ivermectin did you get, pour on or 1% injectable?
If you weigh your birds or have a good idea of what they weigh, and you give the correct dose, it is quite safe, even on sick birds.

Max pour on dose is 0.1 ml per pound of body weight. Topically only, never orally!

Max 1% injectable dose is 0.05 ml per pound of body weight and it can be given or by injection.

Last edited:
Which ivermectin did you get, pour on or 1% injectable?
If you weigh your birds or have a good idea of what they weigh and you give the correct dose it is quite safe, even on sick birds.

Max pour on dose is 0.1 ml per pound of body weight. Topically only, never orally!

Max 1% injectable dose is 0.05 ml per pound of body weight and it can be given or by injection.

This is the one I'm getting: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAL3AAW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a hen who is about 2 years old I gave her some Ivermectin on her back for mites. I think I put too much on her and I don't know what to do because she's acting lethargic. And she won't eat. Is there anything that I can give her to rid it of her body
I’m confused. What sort of mites did you think were living on your chicken?
You say your eyesight is poor. What made you think this chicken had mites?
I keep reading about the use of Ivermectin to treat mites. I thought Ivermectin was used to combat internal parasites such as worms. (?)

Back
Top Bottom