IVERMECTIN-pour on dosage

How did this topical medication end up working for you? I'm going to treat my Araucanas tomorrow and am hoping all went well? Great info thanks!

How did this topical medication end up working for you? I'm going to treat my Araucanas tomorrow and am hoping all went well? Great info thanks!
I just put on my rir chickens last night, and used the headlamp and ladder, and pipettes to administer the ivermectin topical solution, I don't eat the eggs for 10 days??????

I posted the following question in another thread but haven't heard from anyone, so trying again, with apologies for the cross-posting: Is it important to get the ivermectin right on the skin, or will it be absorbed if I put it on feathers (on the back of the neck)? Thanks everyone!

I posted the following question in another thread but haven't heard from anyone, so trying again, with apologies for the cross-posting: Is it important to get the ivermectin right on the skin, or will it be absorbed if I put it on feathers (on the back of the neck)? Thanks everyone!
I think you probably just didn't get responses as it's possible (hopefully) the ivermectin got to the skin and was absorbed, but not definite. It is supposed to be placed directly on the skin.

Here is a short clarification on doseage of Ivermectin POUR ON for cattle
in the 5mg per ml option. This is just the doseage math of this product per body weight per the package markings.

10 ml per 220 pounds of body weight = 0.1 ml per 1 pound of body weight.

Doseage per pound would then be:

1 lb = 0.1 ml
2 lb = 0.2 ml
3 lb = 0.3 ml
4 lb = 0.4 ml
5 lb = 0.5 ml (this is one half of a milliliter)
6 lb = 0.6 ml
7 lb = 0.7 ml
8 lb = 0.8 ml
9 lb = 0.9 ml
10 lb = 1.0 ml (one whole milliliter)
11 lb = 1.1 ml
12 lb = 1.2 ml
and so on.

The "number of drops" is dependent upon the size of the dropper you are using to dispense the designated ml of solution. For example, I have a 1cc/ml syringe. When I drop out .05 ml of solution from the syringe (no needle) it takes 3 drops. Changing the size of the dropper opening (such as adding a needle) or the diameter of the syringe may change the number of drops needed to dispense the solution.

Note, another 1 cc/ml syringe might have a different size opening from the one I have. So the individual dropper needs to be tested for number of drops for the ml of solution.
I hope this helps a little. Thanks to everyone for including information from their vets! This helps folks make informed decisions.

Back
Top Bottom