Ivermectin sheep drench orally for scaly mites

New2chickens2019

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2019
I’ve been reading through threads and seem to keep getting conflicting information Could anyone help me with an oral dose of sheep drench ivermectin? Is there a way to treat the water or does it need to be individually. First time ever in 7 years having mites. We have 45 birds of mixed breeds and sizes from bantams to giants and ducks. Thanks so much! Any other tips are appreciated! I did get the spray and have the DE for coops and roosts.

I’ve been reading through threads and seem to keep getting conflicting information Could anyone help me with an oral dose of sheep drench ivermectin? Is there a way to treat the water or does it need to be individually. First time ever in 7 years having mites. We have 45 birds of mixed breeds and sizes from bantams to giants and ducks. Thanks so much! Any other tips are appreciated! I did get the spray and have the DE for coops and roosts.
I had read the various breakdowns of dosage but needed it in drops, from an eyedropper, so did the math with some level of inaccuracy I'm sure.

It came out to, for my small 1-2# silkies, approximately one drop. I then found that dosage was the same thing elsewhere, so that's what we've been doing. Ours only get scaly leg mites but it works for those!

We go in the coop at night. Hubby holds a flashlight and tries to help. I spread the feathers on the backs of each chicken, then drop one drop on their skin. Repeat in 10 days.

This is our second time of doing this and it worked great! If your chickens are larger, I'd go 2 or 3 drops, depending. Repeat in 10 days.

We use FG DE too, and it keeps all the mites and lice away, except for these scaly leg mites!

I had read the various breakdowns of dosage but needed it in drops, from an eyedropper, so did the math with some level of inaccuracy I'm sure.

It came out to, for my small 1-2# silkies, approximately one drop. I then found that dosage was the same thing elsewhere, so that's what we've been doing. Ours only get scaly leg mites but it works for those!

We go in the coop at night. Hubby holds a flashlight and tries to help. I spread the feathers on the backs of each chicken, then drop one drop on their skin. Repeat in 10 days.

This is our second time of doing this and it worked great! If your chickens are larger, I'd go 2 or 3 drops, depending. Repeat in 10 days.

We use FG DE too, and it keeps all the mites and lice away, except for these scaly leg mites!
I appreciate the reply. However I’m looking for the French- oral method not the topical. 😬 I guess worst case I could do this but with over 40 birds, an oral I could put in waters would be the most efficient.

Back
Top Bottom