Ivermectin use in cats?

Pics
Sorry. It is an article published in Canadian Veterinary Journal entitled,"Observations on topical ivermectin in the treatment of otoacariosis, cheyletiellosis, and toxocariosis in cats." It is a link to the article through the database PubMed. As a scientist who uses the database every day, I forget that others won't recognize the url.
There is a pdf attached.
From the Methods section:
"A total of 45 cats were enrolled in the study. All cats received topical treatments with 0.5% alcohol-based (pour-on) formulation of ivermectin for cattle at the dose of 500 ug/kg BW (0.1 mL/kg). The ivermectin solution was applied in a narrow strip on the skin over the dorsum between the shoulder blades."
In the end all cats were perfectly healthy. The Ivermectin was an effective treatment for: "This practical treatment was effective in 96% (23/24) of cases of feline otoacariosis and in 100% (20/20) of cats with toxocariosis. All cats with cheyletiellosis (16/16) received 4 treatments and had resolution of clinical signs."

For the record, i knew what it was right away :lol::D

But then again I've taken a lot of psych classes and am majoring in behavorial science so I've gone to the databases a lot

But I can understand people being suspicious especially if you didn't grow up with the internet and/or learn the links in school

.gov is a goverment website and therefore safe. .org is usually safe too or at least reputable. We didn't really learn it (the end thingys) for safety but more for reputation for research papers and such. Like that Wikipedia is not a good source :lau

And I think NIH is national institute of health right? Also a government funded thing right? Or is it private?

Back
Top Bottom