Ivermectin use in cats?

Pics
Something is going on, and I haven't been able to figure it out just yet. Scaredy has become elusive once again. She's not shy when she is about, but she is not about very much. I thought that after all these years she might have had kittens, but I saw her yesterday, and she does not appear to be nursing. I'm wondering if there are coyotes in the area.

Something is going on, and I haven't been able to figure it out just yet. Scaredy has become elusive once again. She's not shy when she is about, but she is not about very much. I thought that after all these years she might have had kittens, but I saw her yesterday, and she does not appear to be nursing. I'm wondering if there are coyotes in the area.

Hmmmmmm

Maybe that's it Sour...she's laying low.

Hopefully it is nothing! But she seems like a smart cat and it is better to be cautious rather than overly confident or comfortable because she’s been around so long.

My Luna is not an outdoor cat but she used to be indoor/outdoor when she was younger and she still goes out occasionally, sneaks out or I sometimes let her out on really nice days when I can watch her, much like I do with the chickens, and anyway, lately, like past couple years, she doesn’t want to be outside very long and mostly hangs out by the house and eats grass and lays in the sun. Whereas before I have seen her pretty far into our woods before. In fact, one time I was walking the dog through them and he found her gave her a bit of a chase and treed her :lau it’s funny now because she got down on her own but at the time I was A. mad at Gator and B. Really worried she wouldn’t be able to get down and ran back to the yard to find a ladder or net or something cause it was a big pine tree but by the time I got back to the yard and tied him up (yard isn’t fenced) and was heading back to the woods, the cat comes waltzing across the front yard. :lau

but anyway, back to the story, I thought maybe she was just getting older and more tired or lazy or something and liked sticking closer, which could be considering she also used to disappear for a day or two sometimes and never does now (although that was before she was fixed, a while ago now), but then I was thinking with how sudden the switch was, I decided that she must have seen something that terrified her out there and she has been accidentally left out at night a few times when she sneaks out and doesn’t come back to the door like usual so I figure maybe she saw something at night and/or got rained on one too many times or something (cause that’s happened too) and now wants to stay close and go out during the day and not go out at night. But whatever it is she is a smart cat and very fast and can climb trees so I don’t worry too much but I do try not to let her out much now. But she is smart and can hold her own. So I am sure it is the same for Scaredy. She is smart and likely laying low because she knows something is going on.

I was looking for info on Ivermectin to try to get ear mites under control in my cats, stumbled across 'The Life & Times of Scardey Cat' & could not stop reading. I had to subscribe. She definitely 'choosed' you, all those years ago. What a sweet story. Not enough people have the patience for kitties like these...either she's a feral, or she had a home at some point. It's (sadly) pretty common for a cat to revert back to a near feral state the longer she's been away from home, & if gone long enough, will run in terror from her former owner-even if they were wonderful to her-and will not respond to her name. :confused: I cannot wait to hear more about her adventures, and your continuing life together!!! :love

Back
Top Bottom