I’m freaking out about this…🤯🤬🤯

KristieM75

Chirping
Jun 5, 2022
Omg, my sister and brother in law that brought me Gilbert to begin with went to get him food. Since they were out of basically everything they said they has to get him thisPHOTOS ATTACHED
I am just dumbfounded give to bird 24 week to age of prior to the onset of laying.
Gilbert had something like this was he was a pony baby but he’s not now any any time he tries to eat it he chokes because of all the power and fine pieces. Oh and now am I supposed to be worried about his liver and kidneys?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 2
It's fine. I gave my geese grain similar to that for years because they didn't like pellets. They were fine. Just make sure your goose has water deep enough to stick his whole head in. That way, he can clean out his nostrils. Also, with geese eating grain like that, you'll need to redo their waterer more often do to the grain causing the water to get dirty faster.

Idk, I thought that the more protein it had then the more likely he could possibly deal with liver or kidney issues. He’s not eating it any ways and throwing a fit🙄🙃
Nope, tons of people feed starter for life. He’ll be fine. Especially if it’s only the one bag. As for him not eating it, you could try mixing it with water and making a wet mash. He’ll think it’s a treat lol

I probably read something and got two things crossed, which isn’t unheard of..
Layer feed can be bad for males because of the extra calcium so maybe that’s what you were thinking? That’s for chickens though, don’t know if it applies to geese. Lots of people feed Flock Raiser or starter/grower for life cause of that.

Layer feed can be bad for males because of the extra calcium so maybe that’s what you were thinking? That’s for chickens though, don’t know if it applies to geese. Lots of people feed Flock Raiser or starter/grower for life cause of that.
Is this layer feed?

Back
Top Bottom