Jacin's Bachelor Boys

One of the elusive cockerels I hadn't been able to photograph
20221115_155209.jpg

Unnamed
Hatched: Late summer, 2022
Breed: Either leghorn carrying lavender or LeghornXpheonix
Size: Standard Full-size

Still working on moving nit permanent males out. With the awful freeze we had last week, we couldn't do hardly anything but try and keep everyone alive.

Poor Coffee is gonna lose his comb, Foghorn went through like a champ though.

Bishop is also doing okay, he's gonna lose some of his comb and wattles too though and he's molting so he looks like I gave him a haircut

20221226_104048.jpg
20221226_104043.jpg

The tufted Araucana also has been upgraded to permanent. Possibly the silver and black one too, depending on if I have to cull the one I was planning to keep

One of the elusive cockerels I hadn't been able to photograph
View attachment 3330115
Unnamed
Hatched: Late summer, 2022
Breed: Either leghorn carrying lavender or LeghornXpheonix
Size: Standard Full-size
I'll have to get an updated picture of this guy. He's much larger now. I think he's full leghorn carrying lavender, just based off of that male and his tail that he has.

Thinking I might call him Ronald

Boys are starting to figure out rankings for this year. Tufted male was squabbling with a cochin when I was feeding today. Cochin ran away and Tuft gave chase, only to run smack into a wall. Think that got through to him.

Foghorn hopefully has figured out he's big enough that no one is gonna win against him. I'd love if he decides to just be an omnipotent male there since I may have some smaller bantams moving in once I clear the others out and I'd rather the 10 pound bird doesn't try to fight the 1 pound bird

Giggles and Chuckles will no longer be bachelors if things go to plan. Plan is to get my gold neck d'uccle proper girl friends and put Giggles and Chuckles in a mixed bantam pen as the males.

I am needing a rooster. And I am pressed for time. I have eggs coming in a few weeks (this month.) I want to breed some of my hens and slip their eggs in with the hatching eggs. I am picking up a rooster from my area that is available for the "job." He is not a black rooster so that is okay. He is an EE but he is red. Not one of my favorite colors, but I am a beggar at this point.

Back
Top Bottom