Jacin's Bachelor Boys

I am needing a rooster. And I am pressed for time. I have eggs coming in a few weeks (this month.) I want to breed some of my hens and slip their eggs in with the hatching eggs. I am picking up a rooster from my area that is available for the "job." He is not a black rooster so that is okay. He is an EE but he is red. Not one of my favorite colors, but I am a beggar at this point.
Wish you were closer! We have 4 at the farm, all friendly guys! The Buff Orpington is my favorite. Two beautiful twin grey/blue EE, and a barred OE.

Squabble in the pen today. Foghorn vs extra cochin boy. Not sure who lost, probably the cochin, but he did get some good ones om Foghorn. Separated the cochin out, he'll be in the batch to go when I have time hopefully this weekend

Cochin was culled last week or the week before, i honestly cant remember quite now, I think Foghorn damaged him mentally. He progressively lost his balance and at the end couldn't keep himself upright for longer than a few seconds, Even while being held.

Feel bad about him, but he went fast and about as painless as one can go.

Still have a bunch of extra males, they've just been put on the back burner and at this point very well may end up being kept until spring when I just have more time and better weather. Not my first choice, but I just don't have much time to fully dress them down like I'm really wanting to

Back
Top Bottom