"Jakers" The Wild Eastern Turkey

We have lots of wild turkeys around here too. 10 years ago we rarely saw them.
Oh, you dont WANT to eat Jakers,lol!
big_smile.png

Quote:
We've had turkeys before, though not wild versions. I can make the sounds with my mouth, no artificial turkey calls required. My parents used to take me to the Bloomsburg Fair to watch people watch me call to the toms in the cages.
lol.png
Some people are weird...

LOL...Ive seen that at outdoor shows and on tv..turkey calling contests...even little kids can do it pretty good..

Would have loved to hear you do it hear. Im pretty good with hand calls.
Maybe we can have you go along next spring and call them in for us....heehehehehee

Just a 5 min to 30 min walk up onto the blue mtn behind the house.

charlie

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL! My father's made me call him birds in before.
Jakers is out here calling his head off. I've been hearing him since 6am this morning. He sounds REALLY lonely. Poor guy
sad.png

I have a little girl I hatched out in July. She was raised with a few bantam chicks and is free range w/ the rest of the poultry. She has become very tame. Do you think she will become wild when she gets bigger? I really want her to stick around but if she sees a flock of her own kind do you think she will go with them?

I just want to say ...They all look DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Please invite me over for thanksgiving this year
cool.png
I'll cook if you cull.

have you ever had wild turkey before? its darker meat and much juicier. We usually have both for Thanksgiving. 2 years ago my son shot a wild one about 26 pounds. Lots of them here.

5945_pictures-6-4-08_118.jpg

Yup i normally always get one every year here, but i only got out a few times and i called jody's in for her to take, all though we had a big mature tom coming in, we had a hen bust us and the younger tom was with her, so i said just take the younger tom, i figured id come back foir the big fella later, but never found the time to get back up there at it.. I just didnt get out enough and should have taken the few jakes i managed to call in but passed them all up.

here's last seasons spring 2007
Picture219.jpg

Picture222.jpg

fall turkey 2007, me and jody each took a hen, we where checking my trap line and came upon a flock of about 30 hens, we each had 22 lr. both shot togeather and both got a turkey. that was a day i'll never forget. Made a great T-DAY dinner and BBQ for a few days after.
wildhens005.jpg

spring 2006
Turkey.jpg

i could post hunting pic's till i turn blue..

thats a nice bird he got there, are wild easterns we hunt here hardly ever get over 23lbs. but there are some ive taken had close to 13" beards on them..1-1/2" spurs..

Charlie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom