James Marie Farms

Darkestcon

Chirping
May 5, 2018
I had to edit this from my initial post that was full of disappointment in this company to the following

1 year ago we (my 12 year old) ordered 300 eggs off him. They were scrambled in shipping. After talking with him we paid 80 dollars to have the order reshipped.

We ended up moving and he said he would ship after we moved

One year later no eggs ever arrived and no contact. No refund. Nothing. We emailed. Called. Text. Repeatedly and no word. now this is over a period of 2 weeks

Finally we got a return phone call. He remembered us, had our file from our order on his desk where it had sat since our initial order. He is reshipping now, on a Saturday. No questions, expedited shipping.

I dont know how many of you know anything about this company but the owner is a great guy. he has been involved in quail for longer than ive been alive (im 34) they are single handedly the reason some quail breeds like silvers still exist, they saved them and have nurtured the breeds and sold them. He is full of knowledge and has no problem educating people through email or if you can get ahold of him over the phone. In my opinion and many others James marie quail are the standard.

Even being hard to get ahold of at times due to being busy etc, Id give him a 10/10 Egg cost among the lowest, bird quality among the highest, company integrity and care beat by none.

Last edited:
I've purchased from him and have had some "issues" as well. First off Robby is a GREAT GUY... and he runs the largest quail farm in the US I believe. His Jumbo Browns are the gold standard for jumbos and just about every breeder around uses his bloodline.

Well I called and ordered some eggs. He talked to me for about 20 minutes explaining how to get a good breeder setup going.

He said they would ship in 7-14 days and I ordered. Well I emailed a few times after day 17ish, no response. I called around day 25ish and he said the eggs shipped out that day. I received them 2 days later. I will say in the day and age of amazon prime it felt like an absolute eternity waiting on my eggs to arrive....

Funny, I called him back 10 minutes after my first call to ask him one question. He said since he just talked to me a guy called and ordered 4000 birds from him... crazy. If I remember correctly he told me he sold 80,000 eggs in two months. It's amazing he even does orders of 50-100 eggs....

So my opinion is this... his birds are top of the line, his prices are pretty high, he's a great guy that loves what he does, and don't expect a speedy delivery of your eggs.... and call him, don't email him

Here's my hatch rates from him....

Hatch #3: Ordered 50 Jumbo Pharaoh eggs from James Marie Farm. Received 60 eggs. Set 60 eggs. At lockdown I had 41 eggs. I hatched out 37 quail. 74% hatch rate, 90% on fertile eggs.

Hatch #5: Ordered 50 eggs from James Marie Farm. Received 54 eggs 1 cracked. Set 53 eggs. at lockdown I had 41 eggs. I hatched out 39 quail. 74% hatch rate, 95% on fertile eggs.

Last edited:
Although I've never talked to him, one must give credit where credit is due. In this day and age where people breed just to collect a check and hasn't put any real time in, this guy not only has but is still actively in the game and producing nice birds. I have some recessive whites from his farm. Pretty nice birds. Nothing fancy by color but just a nice all around bird. Mine started laying at at about 8 weeks, pretty decent temperament could be a bit bigger but I can work on that.
I always say, Be in it to win it, and he certainly has and still going strong.

I have a few hens from James marie farms bloodline, and a rooster from another breeder. The hens were much bigger than him, and I didn't notice till I got home. I wish I could get a james marie farms rooster. I already got quail from the only local breeders around. It was an hour drive in one direction, and an hour and a half in another direction. I would just order eggs, but I only have 6 quail. Oh well

We got ressecive whites from him on ebay eggs where delivered in no time 10 more eggs than ordered fantastic temperment birds. I ordered 20 got 30. 1 broke was my first incubation only 6 birds made it. Lost so many to problems after hatch... Next spring i think i will get 100 from him. Ebay was no hassle definately the way to order from my reading.

Back
Top Bottom