James Marie Farms

We got ressecive whites from him on ebay eggs where delivered in no time 10 more eggs than ordered fantastic temperment birds. I ordered 20 got 30. 1 broke was my first incubation only 6 birds made it. Lost so many to problems after hatch... Next spring i think i will get 100 from him. Ebay was no hassle definately the way to order from my reading.

I had ordered from JM Farms. Spoke to Robby and he told me it would be about 2 weeks before they shipped. It did take longer. But I got them about a month after we spoke. They had been very backed up.

In the meantime, being impatient by nature, I had ordered some "JM Farms" jumbo meat-maker eggs on ebay. The arrived and were set to hatch in the incubator. About a week later, I received the JM Farms eggs from Robby. I put them in the incubator as well. So, a week to the day apart, I had two batches of eggs. The first batch hatched out - good rate - but I noticed some weird growths on some of the birds and frankly, some neurological problems. I had to euthanize a couple due to large (very large) growths that were present from hatch day. I suspect they may have started as JM Farms quail that were inbred too heavily.

The JM Farms chicks that hatched a week later, I had no such issues and had many fewer deaths after hatch. Great hatch rate too. They have been heartier from the start. JM Farms notes in their records what batch you received eggs from. If you order again, you will get from a different, completely non-related, batch. He told me to pick my largest males and females to keep as breeders and if I'm careful to do that, it should be 5-6 YEARS before I would need new bloodlines. Should I need fresh genetics, they could provide that as stated previously with their record keeping.

It's worth it to me to pay for that kind of attention to detail and the wealth of knowledge that he has and freely gives. Check their website for some great info. But if you want to order, call them. When he found out what I wanted, he told me what they had not listed on the website and was a fantastic deal. It's worth the wait and the time to call.

Just my .02. :)

I have a few hens from James marie farms bloodline, and a rooster from another breeder. The hens were much bigger than him, and I didn't notice till I got home. I wish I could get a james marie farms rooster. I already got quail from the only local breeders around. It was an hour drive in one direction, and an hour and a half in another direction. I would just order eggs, but I only have 6 quail. Oh well
Where are you located? You could order eggs and sell the excess chicks. I have James Marie Jumbo Browns, i love them, great size and very large eggs.

I have an unfulfilled order which I placed and paid for in June of 2019 (for 300 quail eggs, just like the original post) totaling $225. James Marie will not respond to the several emails and voicemails I have left them asking about the ETA and the refund status of this order. They do not answer the contact number provided on this page. I thought this was a reputable vendor, and am becoming increasingly concerned. I've had no issues with smaller hobby breeders honoring orders processed through PayPal. Going to have to look into taking additional legal action against James Marie Farms. I had high hopes and am very, very disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom