JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

Quote:
gig.gif

Oh my goodness, I needed a giggle!
I haven't heard my girls sing the egg song since winter came along and we no longer have the windows open. I never asked our neighbors if they minded our chickens, b/c we are allowed to have them. I didn't know about the egg song until I heard it from our RIR. Then I felt really bad for our neighbors! She's as loud as a rooster.

Quote:
lau.gif

OK, that also had me cracking up. I think I just about spit my drink on the computer. It's so true!!

Quote:
The way I do it is: I count on the calendar 18 days after the eggs went into the incubator and that is the first day of lockdown. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I think the Brinsea will stop turning on its own, but double check the instructions.

So far as my lockdown goes, I saw movement through the membrane in my chick I made a hole in the aircell of...so it's hanging in there! No other pips I can see...yet.

Does anyone else worry that nothing will hatch when they know it really will?

Last night I took out the auto turner and decided to try the egg carton method. I went with paper cartons 18 count. While I was at it I candled a second time and found three that showed no signs of life. I was going to do an eggtopsy but it was 11:30 at night and dark outside, (did not want to crack open the eggs in the house). So when I get home today I am going to check them.

Latest numbers are 16 CC Maran, 8 EE (4 of whitch came out of the fridge) and 7 Buff Orpingtons.

I hope this hatch turns better than last time.

Hope everyone has a GREAT hatch.

Moved 7 Delawares to the hatcher just now. Two other sets are going into Day 9 (all Delawares) and Day 4 (BBS Orps, Dels and one DelxEE). Love when an egg starts rocking just after I transfer them over! Brooder is set up and ready.

BigDaddy'sGurl :

Quote:
The way I do it is: I count on the calendar 18 days after the eggs went into the incubator and that is the first day of lockdown. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I think the Brinsea will stop turning on its own, but double check the instructions.

So far as my lockdown goes, I saw movement through the membrane in my chick I made a hole in the aircell of...so it's hanging in there! No other pips I can see...yet.

Does anyone else worry that nothing will hatch when they know it really will?

i worry about it every time i hatch. im on day 18 and worried now if the serama eggs that are suppose to hatch tomorrow are going to or if they are going to be late and hatch on friday with the other cochin and silkie eggs. then i wonder if they all are going to hatch at all or if i messed something up.
th.gif
this hatching business is very stressful but oh so addicting​

txmel, I have hatched several times since late last summer, but this is the first hatch where I have been truly anxious! I still haven't set up the brooder because I am so scared I will jinx it! Good luck to you and me!

Speckledhen, I have yet to see the whole "rocking" phenomenon until mine pip, but maybe that's because I try to stay away from the incubator because I would be tempted to open the top just a little... lol

When I finally hear peeping, all anxiety will hopefully dissipate...if it doesn't skyrocket... sheesh. this is AWFUL!!

Back
Top Bottom