Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

One of my silkie eggs has a internal pip tmrw is supposed to be lock down but it started tonight go humidity lol
highfive.gif

A question about incubation....do the eggs/chicks themselves seem to increase in temps when night time arrives?  Does anyone have to tweak the incubator to bring down temps after dark and then increase them when daylight comes? 

Mine stays the exact correct temperature within 0.1*C all the time unless I open it, in which case it is back up to temp in less than five minutes. But mine is super fancy and expensive an stuff. I got it specifically to hatch out fancy shipped eggs and the like and since they sent us the upgraded version instead of the one I ordered, well....

Nah, chicks don't have anything to do with the temps dropping. But room temperature does. I am like chicky..I don't touch the temp knob. It will dip a bit at night if the room gets cooler at night. Then go back up in the day when the room gets warmer. :) Tweaking will drive you nuts! Best only do that if the temp gets too high.

The temp goes up in mine after nightfall only and that's when I have to tweak the temps....and that's when the room gets the coldest...but the incubator the warmest. In the daytime I get to tweak it again because the temps drop a little in the incubator and ambient temps rise. That's all before the eggs are turned or messed with in any way.

I'm wondering if the eggs themselves somehow have something to do with this...it's only Day 3 of this incubation.

Have you considered that it is your heating pad? I have a very limited knowledge of such things, but my understanding is that in significant temperature drops, heating elements can over heat themselves just trying to maintain their original function.

Have you considered that it is your heating pad? I have a very limited knowledge of such things, but my understanding is that in significant temperature drops, heating elements can over heat themselves just trying to maintain their original function.
I don't know but the same happens to me. I have a LG and one of the expensive bator. They both goes up in temperature at night and stay steady during the day. I have them in a closet with a steady temperature. The bators are the ones going crazy.

Back
Top Bottom