Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

HI,
Had one more hatch for a total of 3...........
Day 24 today so not holding out hopes for more........
I became curious about how to count days to hatch so went to search.
Did not find any cut and dry answer...............just seems different folks do it differently............
and they hatch anyway..................
gig.gif

sorry if you did not get all that you hoped for, but congratulations on the 3!
big_smile.png

I also ended up with only 3 Fav's, sadly down to just 2 now...
are these the Am's or are those still incubating? would love to see photos of course when you get the chance :)

ya.gif

Well guys, sad news. I just eggtopsied 4 eggs. 3 were fully developed but dead in shell, one had even gone into the airsack. One looks like it quit about a week ago. The last egg pipped yesterday and was peeping and rolling like crazy, but my humidity had dropped to 15 some how, so I ended up removing the top of the shell and moistening the membrane. Now I've got one little lonely duckling in my brooder. It hadn't fully absorbed the yolk so it's just kinda chilling under the lamp, peeping and kicking it's feet like crazy.
sorry to hear about the 3 chicks, but so glad you saved that duckling... great job! she is precious

Ok kind of excited we decided to float test our day 24 eggs 28 tested good woohoo and were moving only two sank and as we were finishing we did the float test in the bathroom with the hot shower running and heat on high temp never went below 99 humidity never below 48% and while we were finishing up we heard peeping so exciting tell me what to expect now. By the way we did not float test the 3 cracked eggs for obvious reasons so exciting sitting on couch hearing peep peep.

Ok kind of excited we decided to float test our day 24 eggs 28 tested good woohoo and were moving only two sank and as we were finishing we did the float test in the bathroom with the hot shower running and heat on high temp never went below 99 humidity never below 48% and while we were finishing up we heard peeping so exciting tell me what to expect now. By the way we did not float test the 3 cracked eggs for obvious reasons so exciting sitting on couch hearing peep peep.

Sounds like you have an internal pip!!!... Hopefully they will pip externally in the next day or so...Play some chick hatching audio and have fun...

I was told that once they pip internally that this is the time that the yolk sac starts being absorbed...I wouldn't candle or handle them again....But that's just me...

Good Luck!!!
celebrate.gif

Sounds like you have an internal pip!!!... Hopefully they will pip externally in the next day or so...Play some chick hatching audio and have fun...

I was told that once they pip internally that this is the time that the yolk sac starts being absorbed...I wouldn't candle or handle them again....But that's just me...

Good Luck!!!
celebrate.gif

nope not handleing again

Really hope the baby will be okay tonight overnight. I have to work at. 7am and I live an hour from work so were stating with my grandparents tonight so that I don't have to get the boys up at 530 tomorrow morning.

In other news, I had an ultrasound today , my official due date is 10/3. My next batch of eggs is due 3/10. Lol

Really hope the baby will be okay tonight overnight. I have to work at. 7am and I live an hour from work so were stating with my grandparents tonight so that I don't have to get the boys up at 530 tomorrow morning.

In other news, I had an ultrasound today , my official due date is 10/3. My next batch of eggs is due 3/10. Lol

congrats!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom