Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

I just had a batch of shipped eggs that had 100% hatch rate! First ever
smile.png
(8 out of 8) and the air sacs were scalloped... The other batch had 19 out of 22 make it to lockdown (2 were infertile and one early quitter), all 19 hatched! Well, the last one is zipping as I speak. Sleepless nights!! I am soooo tired. Going to sleep now. G'night!

wee.gif

Another early morning.... Woke up to 4 babies out in the bator and two more zipping
celebrate.gif
One must have pipped and either I didn't see it or it did it all in the night....waiting for them to finish so I can do a quick cleanup and look at the other eggs...
yesss.gif

One that hatched last night cannot stand, it doesn't have splayed leg but looks to be a possible slipped tendon.. Not so sure bout this little one, will make a decision tonight, we have had this happen before and always ends with the chick not making it...Don't want it to suffer so may have to take care of it later.
hit.gif

One that hatched last night cannot stand, it doesn't have splayed leg but looks to be a possible slipped tendon.. Not so sure bout this little one, will make a decision tonight, we have had this happen before and always ends with the chick not making it...Don't want it to suffer so may have to take care of it later.
hit.gif

ack I'm sorry, I have been there, I kept her alive for a week but I did not fix the tendon early enough... ended up having to cull.

this video helped me understand how to fix the tendon more than anything I read online about it:
and

hit.gif

ack I'm sorry, I have been there, I kept her alive for a week but I did not fix the tendon early enough... ended up having to cull.

this video helped me understand how to fix the tendon more than anything I read online about it:
and
How do you know if it is slipped or not?

25 eggs made it to lockdown, so far 13 have hatched, one died shortly after hatching (pipped the small end) and one more will be put down... One egg has pipped and two more show signs of life, I have removed 3 eggs that obviously had died, lots of fluid at pointy end, I will candle the remaining eggs tomorrow evening and decide whether to keep going for another day or not.

Quote:
I have a little girl that hatched with her back toes up under her foot...and due to walking funny (even though we tried booting her) she now has a splayed leg...she's eating and drinking...gets herself around so we just call her our special needs baby...she'll figure it all out. she's about 3 weeks old now

they've shipped from all over
I don't candle before I set them...just about a week after incubating
I have had very bad experiences also
Ok good to know my eggs from the week of 2/22 are showing great development despite their horrible detached rolling air cells. I have another set that I am going to put in tonight after 48 hours of resting I will give them another 48 hours with no turning and then I will start turning them I am planning on packing my bator to the max this weekend so I will not use a turner but instead be rotating the entire bator. Wish me luck I have to date never had a successful hatching home flock eggs or shipped eggs something has got to give soon.

Back
Top Bottom