JANOEL 24 INCUBATOR HUMIDITY!!! HELP!!!

To calibrate a humidity gauge you will need hours, preferably over night.
You would put the gauge in a large zip lock bag next to a small container of salt. Mix a little water into the salt to make it wet.
Zip it and walk away.
After hours the humidity gauge should read 75%.
If it does not then you calculate the difference and that is how much your reading is off.

It it reads only 71% then your gauge is off 4%.
If it reads 50% then your gauge is off 25%.

To calibrate a humidity gauge you will need hours, preferably over night.
You would put the gauge in a large zip lock bag next to a small container of salt. Mix a little water into the salt to make it wet.
Zip it and walk away.
After hours the humidity gauge should read 75%.
If it does not then you calculate the difference and that is how much your reading is off.

It it reads only 71% then your gauge is off 4%.
If it reads 50% then your gauge is off 25%.

Do NOT try calibrating until AFTER the hatchings done & chicks moved to brooder.

I’ve put the wet sponge in and the humidity has gone up 5%, so now it says 60% humidity, I just hope it’s actually high enough, also the air sac in one of my eggs is at the wrong end (the pointy end) and the air sac is really small but there is life in it, I’m not sure what to do, any suggestions?

Sorry, we have the Janoel 12... but I have good news! our first hatch we kept the water level at the bottom of the bator the whole time with no gage and had 9/9 hatch!
so all you need to do is put the sponge in (which I see you did) *underneath* the grate (where the water tracks are) and then leave everything alone!
let the babies hatch, add water when necessary... and pull them out!
then calibrate your gages before the next attempt.
as for the reverse air sac, nothing you can do.
just let all your babies try to come out, and remove when safe.
if you have issues, you should create a thread to get help, as there are a lot of intelligent people who know about pipping issues and failure to completely hatch, who won't check this thread for things like that.
good luck!

Ryn.

Hello all. I also have a Janoel 24, and our family has spontaneously scheduled a holiday for the four days leading up to lockdown. I add an amount of water each day to keep the humidity relatively constant, but like most chinese models this incubator is rather erratic. I have had a lot of success with this incubator, and all 13 eggs in the incubator are devolping correctly; will they be alright for a few days with slightly lower humidity?

Hello all. I also have a Janoel 24, and our family has spontaneously scheduled a holiday for the four days leading up to lockdown. I add an amount of water each day to keep the humidity relatively constant, but like most chinese models this incubator is rather erratic. I have had a lot of success with this incubator, and all 13 eggs in the incubator are devolping correctly; will they be alright for a few days with slightly lower humidity?
I’d put extra water and a wet sponge in so that it has a better chance of staying higher

It’s lockdown day and I’ve closed the air vent and am filling both water holes but my hydrometer says that the humidity is still at 55%, I’m not sure what to do, how do I adjust the humidity settings. Please help, it’s lockdown, I need help now!!!
put a towel over the unit to maintain temp.. you may be losing temp thru plastic destroying humidity..cut a hole to access the vent hole..keep vent closed. Note - humidity will rise if surface area of water is good. Both wells full to specs in book. Did you do a temp check before starting? Your temp may be high exhausting water very fast , not enough water in wells.

Back
Top Bottom