janoel 48 egg incubator automatic turner humidity?

Pics
Most people will go by the book and the book may tell you to 65% the first 18 days, and 80% the last 3 days. I usually do 30% the first 18 days, and 70% the last 3 days. To be safe, I would advise you to keep your humidity at 40% the first 18 days. It has been proven by many of us that if you incubate the first 18 days at 55-65% humidity your hatch rates will be lower, because the egg will not lose enough of its liquid weight the first 18 days, and by day 20 when it has started to tear through the membrane, the chick will get a gush of water in its nostrils and drown. Usually that's the case of what happens when the egg is cracked open, and the chick is completely formed.

Hi! I'm a noob at this. Also have a janoelook 24 with no humidity sensor. (Bad purchase in retrospect). My external hygrometer is rubus I suspect. Due to big an idiot I had my humidity set way too high in the first bit.
I read somewhere that you can prevent the drowning problem by putting the eggs upright (I think air bubble to the top????), and it will help the fluid drain so the chick can hatch.
Does anyone have experience with this?
....should the airpocket be at the top or at the bottom of the egg for this to work? I cannot remember!!?

Hi there MadHag, I'm no expert, but I think the large end of the egg is the "top," where the air sack is located.... hope that helps!

I'm just doing research on 'bators, haven't actually used one. Yet. After reading so much, I've about decided it's too ridiculous for me and I'll just stick to a broody hen! I'd really like to buy and hatch some Rumpless/Tufted Araucana eggs...
droolin.gif

Currently need help, if anyone has this incubator please. Yesterday my 2 year old hit buttons and turned off the unit while trying out first batch of eggs.. they will be on day 2 today. Went out this morning and it is showing (below picture). It will not allow me to set the temperature higher, shows it is only 70 degrees.
IMG_4477[1].JPG

Humidity for starting the eggs in the incubator should be. 40 to 50 percent. Then lockdown humidity is 60 to 70 percent
Hello, I have a janoel 48 egg incubator with an automatic turner and I'm having some problems with humidity. On the instruction manual it says to get it up around 55 to 60 percent but everybody else says to go for 20 to 30 percent. And so can some of you guys help me? This is also my first time hatching eggs and I live in Canberra, Australia. Also what is the humidity for lockdown?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick:D

Back
Top Bottom