January 2021 Hatch-A-Long

I’m in if my quail start laying again! We just processed 10 and they are a breeze to do next to chicken processing.

I’m just waiting for my breeder coturnix to start laying again. I haven’t seen an egg for a few months! Some haven’t laid their first eggs yet and should start laying soon I’d think.

I’m in if my quail start laying again! We just processed 10 and they are a breeze to do next to chicken processing.

I’m just waiting for my breeder coturnix to start laying again. I haven’t seen an egg for a few months! Some haven’t laid their first eggs yet and should start laying soon I’d think.
BYC has made me believe I need quail. so tiny so cute.

BYC has made me believe I need quail. so tiny so cute.
The coturnix are so great! When I first started out with them people were trying to tell me that they’re flighty and crazy... my quail are the complete opposite and they love to be pet!

I usually look for good temperament and ones that like to be handled to put in my Breeder aviary and it seems to work in creating offspring that isn’t crazy.

I did have a customer that bought some from me and they never paid attention to them so they did become crazy and flighty.

Eggs arrived! I've moved them to an egg carton for the post-shipment settling time.

20201228_153450.jpg

One of the label codes I'm not finding on the breed sheet MPC included, but here's what I could match (presuming they're labelled correctly)
bantam buff brahma
bantam calico cochin
standard size cochin (as best I can tell, from the blue/splash offering)
easter egger (2)
swedish flower hen (really hoping to get a pullet out of this one)

The brown "BOB" egg is the one I couldn't find the code on the list. Dunno if it's actually a Buff Orpington (though that's supposed to be just BO) or something else. I guess I'll see if/when it hatches.

Back
Top Bottom