January 2023 Hatch-a-long

We had I think 21 chicks hatch today, day 20, in the brinsea ovation 28 ex. First time with this new incubator and i love it. It’s temp and humidity were accurate and SO STABLE! 7 were home eggs, the rest shipped
E39A1EF8-5FC6-431D-B4FF-7E4E54F92BB9.jpeg 334F4012-5D48-4D69-8DC0-57BEE333FD12.jpeg

We had I think 21 chicks hatch today, day 20, in the brinsea ovation 28 ex. First time with this new incubator and i love it. It’s temp and humidity were accurate and SO STABLE! 7 were home eggs, the rest shipped
View attachment 3389598View attachment 3389597
That’s awesome, congratulations! Officially on day 21 now, and I just started hearing peeps 1/2 hr ago, no visible pips but the eggs are moving 🤞

I haven’t been here in a bit. Oops. Sold all my hatched turkeys, set my ducklings for sale, the hatched chicks got given away, and my BC eggs should hatch within the next 3 days. I just set 3 new hatched but I can update those in the February thread.

:barnie
So.. First two chicks hatched from my red bantam cochin eggs…
They are not red. My bantams and LF ran together maybe a week or two before setting the eggs, one of my LF roosters sired the two hatched chicks. Both are black and one has the headspot of barring, highly disappointing. On that note, apparently I had a LF rooster and bantam hen successfully procreate without injury to the hen. Still annoying.

I have about 9 eggs set from my hens. I liked the EE rooster I had for 3 weeks, he is red. I am afraid I may end up with all black chicks. IDK. The good thing about him, he never tried to attack me, I could walk up and pet him, He was polite to hens, and he didn't crow the whole 3 weeks he was here. I ended up giving the rooster to a teen girl I know that loves chickens. ( I have 4 rooster chicks that are 8 weeks old, and hope to keep one. BCM, Cream legbar, Mosaic, and a birchen Maran.)

My shipped eggs are 9 days in, of the 20 fertile eggs, I have 16 left.

Back
Top Bottom