january hatch along

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
hi so i wanted to start a hatch along for my first time incubating i started one a couple of days ago but ive allready started and ive put my eggs in yesterday and so im going to start a knew one i hope yall join me for my first hatch a long thanks every one

Good luck with your hatch. What are you incubating?

I have a button quail hen who has just started sitting so can I join in? Hopefully the eggs I replaced her infertile ones with are fertile. I'll candle in a few days to check. If they are they should hatch around the 15th. She's a good little mother but her previous chicks are barely a month old! She has had her mother and sister helping out with them though.

i am incubating 5 chicken eggs when can i candle them and see some progress i was going to candle them 7 days after i put them in the incubator but can i do it sooner thanks for joining good luck with your hatch and keep us up dated :)

Hey! I am incubating for the first time too! I have 24 Cortunix Quail eggs on day 3. They should be due around the 16th. I would love to join in on this hatch a long if that alright!

i am incubating 5 chicken eggs when can i candle them and see some progress i was going to candle them 7 days after i put them in the incubator but can i do it sooner thanks for joining good luck with your hatch and keep us up dated :)
You can probably try candling on day 5 or 6 but the development wont be much yet, thats why people normally wait till day 7. But I totally get wanting to try earlier, as I get impatient too, and usually candle a few days earlier than day 7.

:hugs I've done that with a parakeet egg that was just about to hatch. It didn't hit the soft straw that was underneath the nest box - it just had to aim for the stump that's in there for the quail! :hit You're not the first and you won't be the last. It's all part of the learning curve. Try not to beat yourself up (difficult I know).

Back
Top Bottom