Japanese Bantam Thread!

Any suggestion as to the color of the 2 pullets (center & right)? I like the lighter on in the front. They both have short legs but might be able to be a little shorter. Will have to work on that. My attempt at making blues.

They sorta look like Lemon Blues. You're right, their legs are much too long but that's not their only problem. The type is so far off I'll have to take your word for them being Japanese Bantams.

Lemon blue is what I thought, but thought the color was too dark. Yes there is plenty more to fix. They are first generation Jap x OEG. Will have to take them back to Jap a fee more generations to work on type.

So i have a young jap bantam who is four months old. He has lost some back tail feathers i think because of molting....but i had one BIG question. When japs get older do their tails grow bigger and bigger? Or do they stop, bc my bantams tail is super small and i want a big one! Haha plmk thanks guys!!!

Before molting, he had small sickles in just a week they got bigger!

Will his sickles and tail feathers keep growing bigger and bigger as he gets older? Ive seen japs with huge tails and thats what just wondering...

Showed the Japs for the first time. had Reserve Champion Bantam on a white pullet at the Northern NY show. Mine came from Terry Wible last year. He literally wrote the book on japanese Bantams.

Back
Top Bottom