Japanese Bantam Thread!

Here's one that's a little better, but he still wasn't even crowing at this point. (He was just starting the strangling sound. :)) I really DO need to update my pics now that the ground isn't frozen!

I think he looks like the birds I have seen called ginger or shojo in japanese but on pictures on the net he could also be a dark buff. The black tail and red body seems to get called a couple names. Pretty boy, 8 years old, well supposably they can live 13 years or so says the net.
big_smile.png

Those chicks are so cute... I have never had any look like that!!! I think they might be mottled when they are older... just have to wait and see!!

Here is another one of my Roosters.. I am pleased with his colouring. I am seriously addicted to these chickens.. I love the roosters the best.. and its exciting to see what colours they turn out to be from my mixed colour flock.

I got three dozen eggs from a breeder. 27 hatched. 24 of them are cockerels!!!!!!
rant.gif
We made the final culls yesterday and will be keeping a gray cockerel, a mottled cockerel, and the three pullets. Now to find homes for 22 cockerels...............

I got three dozen eggs from a breeder. 27 hatched. 24 of them are cockerels!!!!!!
rant.gif
We made the final culls yesterday and will be keeping a gray cockerel, a mottled cockerel, and the three pullets. Now to find homes for 22 cockerels...............
Can you not keep the cockerels where you live?

For me I like the cockerels the best!!! They have the beautiful colours and that's why I keep this breed.

The will not fight if you house them all together in a large run.. or free range them.....

Just don't put any hens in with them!!!!

Back
Top Bottom