Japanese Bantam Thread!

Hello! I know that this is not a breed identification thread, but I found a little bantam rooster on the side of the road and rescued him. I was hoping that you guys might verify or at least tell me otherwise... Is he a Japanese Bantam? I know he is in poor condition and probably not a great example of his breed. He was starved, dehydrated, toenails longer than his actual toe but he has perked right up with a little love and care. He has been named "Rooster Gold" and we will add him to our flock after quarantine. I was confused about the breed because he has white on his earlobes and his coloration seems to be common among several breeds. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello! I know that this is not a breed identification thread, but I found a little bantam rooster on the side of the road and rescued him. I was hoping that you guys might verify or at least tell me otherwise... Is he a Japanese Bantam? I know he is in poor condition and probably not a great example of his breed. He was starved, dehydrated, toenails longer than his actual toe but he has perked right up with a little love and care. He has been named "Rooster Gold" and we will add him to our flock after quarantine. I was confused about the breed because he has white on his earlobes and his coloration seems to be common among several breeds. Any help would be appreciated!

Aww, he sure is lucky you found him. I'm no expert, I only have 1 white JB but his posturing in the second picture sure looks JB-like to me. Hopefully someone more experienced will be able to help you ID him. At any rate he sure is a cutie! What a wonderful find :thumbsup

Aww, he sure is lucky you found him. I'm no expert, I only have 1 white JB but his posturing in the second picture sure looks JB-like to me. Hopefully someone more experienced will be able to help you ID him. At any rate he sure is a cutie! What a wonderful find
thumbsup.gif

X2! He's adorable!

To me , he looks to be Serama and/or Japanese breeding ...... could be either one or combo of both .

I'd say he was a lucky bird and looks to be well taken care of .

Glad you found him .

I had a Japanese chick hatch with such short legs, he can't really walk. Is that common? Obviously I'm helping him get to food and water, but I'm wondering if it will eventually be ok? Poor thing is stuck on it's belly paddling. :/

Back
Top Bottom