Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Rhonda, welcome to the thread!
JBBA dues are only $5.00 for a junior membership (under 18) and can be sent to our secretary.
Ken Lee
6100 N Panda Point
Dunnellon, FL 34433
352-795-9836
Good luck with everything!
Roberta

Thank you Roberta. I will pass on the address and info to him. I know $5 isn't a lot, but he is also paying dues to ARBA, OLRCBA and the Havana Club for his rabbit project in which he is competing for the "King" title for youth at our state show in June and paying to go to several shows between now and then.
Oregon makes it difficult to have any APA shows here so it is a lot more travel and expense for him so he has chosen to put his member dues toward where he can earn more for his dollar. His rabbits are getting nice enough he may get enough return to cover both projects for next year if all goes well. It's good lessons for him none the less.
I've been working with a friend on a Dominique project and as it progresses, I am thinking to take on RI Whites - I think I've convinced my friend to work on them as well so between us we'll have several lines to cross out to w/o adding new blood...:)
Back to Japs, they have me hooked as well so I'll work on them with my son so he also has someone to trade birds with when he needs to. If only I hadn't set an example to find something unique and challenging. He didn't realize that the self blue would be so hard to find. His 2nd choice are the Grey if he can't find the Blue.
These critters are addicting!

My daughter got some eggs last year and we now have a splash hen and a blue hen. and got a nice sq black roo for them.
we have some eggs in the incubator due to hatch sunday so with any luck we may have blue chicks or black chicks carrying blue.
here i have only seen blacks, whites, btws at show. no other colors.

I will have eggs for sale soon, just testing fertility on them. lol.

my husband forgot to collect them for a few days and i caught one sitting trying to be broody and so i candled them and saw something in there.
so i popped them into the incubator. and they are developing :) so looking good. hatch day is sunday. so excited.

clap.gif

Hope your hatch goes well for you Carolyn! We will watch for updates. My son has eggs to hatch on Wed. His Blue cock over 1 black hen, 2 greys, 1 white, & 1 BTW. Curious to see if we can get a blue version of the grey & blue tailed whites! Only 6 due to hatch next week but he has 32 eggs in the incubator ( a few are BTB's but are long legged).
My partner with the Doms is laughing as I teased her last year about being a "Hatch-A-Holic". This year she says "We'll see who's the hatch-a-holic..." My poor husband... :)

well i had a surprise in the incubator when i came home from work.

the hen in the blue/black pen was trying to sit some eggs so i took them and put them in the bator.

so this little one hatched 2 days early.... but excited just the same.

Back
Top Bottom