Japanese Coturnix Falb-Fee Discussion Thread

so if you cross a faulb fee hen with a range (roux dilute) what color chicks would you have if the Fee removes the red tones??

I don't think so. I think the Fee factor is a dilution factor, not removing specific colors. It just effects specific colors differently.

Why I think this? I crossed my Roux Dilute girls with a Pharaoh roo and received 100% Falb Fees.

So my Roux Dilute girls seems to have the Fee factor already. They are quite light, but still Roux.
20200331_163331.jpg

This was my breeding group.

I don't think so. I think the Fee factor is a dilution factor, not removing specific colors. It just effects specific colors differently.

Why I think this? I crossed my Roux Dilute girls with a Pharaoh roo and received 100% Falb Fees.

So my Roux Dilute girls seems to have the Fee factor already. They are quite light, but still Roux.
View attachment 2331637
This was my breeding group.
Someone posted on another thread about having a white chick. When I opened this thread and saw the original photos of the fee vs pharaoh, the color of the fee chicks down (not the dark stripes) looks like the color of the white chick posted, so I wonder if the fee gene might remove the yellow pigment for chick down if crossed into regular white?

Ok, soooooo this might be a dumb question, but is it possible to get a falb fee that is all of the red accents but none of the brown, as if it were reverse? We recently hatched some eggs from our solid white coturnix and our wild color one and got some crazy grey ones that are faintly reddish... would this count as a falb fee? I did some research before I posted this, and the only one that looks faintly like ours is a chicken quail hybrid??? Sorry if I'm totally wrong, as I know nothing about quail colors, but I'm curious what these guys colors are called. Thanks!
View attachment 2330185View attachment 2330186View attachment 2330189unfortunately, he has been dust-bathing in out red dirt we have here so his usually more white chest has been slightly dyed more red than the usual white.
Chicken quail hybrid? Is that even possible?

I don’t understand the whole colors thing. Makes me go cross-eyed. Here’s a pic of two of my girls. According to what you’re all saying, one is a falb fee. I also have a gray one and one darker. The pics aren’t great, sorry

Attachments

• A14647A1-55D2-49C0-A656-6B747E28180C.jpeg
    A14647A1-55D2-49C0-A656-6B747E28180C.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 26
  • 9B14C2F0-7398-4431-8AAF-26CD5B4DF6C6.jpeg
    9B14C2F0-7398-4431-8AAF-26CD5B4DF6C6.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 28
Ok, soooooo this might be a dumb question, but is it possible to get a falb fee that is all of the red accents but none of the brown, as if it were reverse? We recently hatched some eggs from our solid white coturnix and our wild color one and got some crazy grey ones that are faintly reddish... would this count as a falb fee? I did some research before I posted this, and the only one that looks faintly like ours is a chicken quail hybrid??? Sorry if I'm totally wrong, as I know nothing about quail colors, but I'm curious what these guys colors are called. Thanks!
View attachment 2330185View attachment 2330186View attachment 2330189unfortunately, he has been dust-bathing in out red dirt we have here so his usually more white chest has been slightly dyed more red than the usual white.

This is a Blue-Wildpattern, I guess in the US they are called Lavender (not sure).

It seems that your White one has Silver included. As Silver is also a dilution factor it may has not been visible on the White one, but given to the Wild-pattern.

White is recessive but Silver dominant. So the Wild-pattern mixed with the Silver.
No Fee factor included.

I don’t understand the whole colors thing. Makes me go cross-eyed. Here’s a pic of two of my girls. According to what you’re all saying, one is a falb fee. I also have a gray one and one darker. The pics aren’t great, sorry

First pic is a Pharaoh (Wild-pattern) and an Italian.

Second pic seems to be a Silver-Tibetan (the grey one) and a Tibetan.

These is are Falb Fees:
PSX_20200513_080031.jpg

This is a Blue-Wildpattern, I guess in the US they are called Lavender (not sure).

It seems that your White one has Silver included. As Silver is also a dilution factor it may has not been visible on the White one, but given to the Wild-pattern.

White is recessive but Silver dominant. So the Wild-pattern mixed with the Silver.
No Fee factor included.

First pic is a Pharaoh (Wild-pattern) and an Italian.

Second pic seems to be a Silver-Tibetan (the grey one) and a Tibetan.

These is are Falb Fees:
View attachment 2334172
See to me the left one in my pic with the bowl looks just like the pix u just posted. Maybe I’ll get it one day. :)

See to me the left one in my pic with the bowl looks just like the pix u just posted. Maybe I’ll get it one day. :)

Difficult to say, because of the light of the photo.

If the light stripes on the back are white, it is a Falb Fee, if they are cream it is a Wild-pattern (Pharaoh)

Back
Top Bottom