Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Varieties!!!!

Pics
There is a companion thread ultimate color guide or something, minds fuzzing over. As for silver, it wont just pop up, its dominant lethal, so a bird that has the gene expresses it. You would need a silver, cream blue or charcoal to get it.

You can cross your white with other colors to get tuxes at best....

Hello everyone!
I'd like to know if anyone can help me identifying this color variety of japanese quail.
They are two females, one is wild type and the other has the blue gene as in for chickens which alters it's color making her appear blonde. She only has blue instead of black where black is supposed to be, the brown and reddish color is intact.
Some pics below:

Thanks!
Urte

Hello everyone!
I'd like to know if anyone can help me identifying this color variety of japanese quail.
They are two females, one is wild type and the other has the blue gene as in for chickens which alters it's color making her appear blonde. She only has blue instead of black where black is supposed to be, the brown and reddish color is intact.
Some pics below:

Thanks!
Urte
I have a hen Identical to that

Ok, here are the best shots I've got...... I haven't mastered photographing quail yet, the buggers don't hold still at all lol

Wild type silver male(my personal fave out of all my silvers, he is just sooo purdy and so sweet! /img/smilies/tongue.png/img/smilies/big_smile.png )
quailandsheep035.jpg

quailandsheep033.jpg

and 2 wild type silver pied hens with a regular wild type hen
quailandsheep041.jpg

Late to the party but your Silver male is soooooo Purdy! Thank you for sharing :D

I have a few quail that id like some color opinions on. ..I bought them from a kid that said they were texas a&m and pharaoh. ...ive also hatched some of their eggs. .would like advice on what they turned out to be and if I could expect any other colors to pop up.
This is the male

Mom1

Mom2

Mom3

Babies

I have a few quail that id like some color opinions on. ..I bought them from a kid that said they were texas a&m and pharaoh. ...ive also hatched some of their eggs. .would like advice on what they turned out to be and if I could expect any other colors to pop up.
This is the male
Looks Like an A&M
Mom1
Tibetan
Mom2
Looks kinda like a rosetta hard to tell though
Mom3
Rosetta
Babies
One on right will be Rosetta, one on left will either be rosetta or pharaoh I cant tell

Hi I resently hatched some quail chicks and all parents are Italian , who knows how many generations back!!!
But I got one with vary vary few markings and more of a solidish gold...

At least compared to her siblings...

Hi I resently hatched some quail chicks and all parents are Italian , who knows how many generations back!!!
But I got one with vary vary few markings and more of a solidish gold...

At least compared to her siblings...
Italians are my favorite because you have a lot of control over their color patterns. For the last couple years I was working really hard on some colors, but when the raccoon got me I lost a lot of my important breeders. If you cross that with a pharaoh, the next generation will have more spots. If you cross it with a manchurian it'll have less.

Here are some examples of the differences you can create in Italian roosters.

Italian with all red secondary coloration, no black spots

White ribbed back feathers, with red/fawn secondary coloration and white bib (rooster is 2nd from the back)

No true secondary coloration below the neck.

Close up of the white bib

And another one of the red/fawn/white secondary, white bib rooster. (He was my favorite I've ever hatched. The raccoon ate his head
th.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom