Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Varieties!!!!

Pics
What is the difference of Italian and manchurian and golden????? Pic???? Also anyone have gold tux, I would love to see one!!!
A manchurian roo has a mostly brown head and has few if any spots/speckles on their back, the hens may have some speckling on their backs and breasts. An italian is the result of crossing a manchurian with a pharaoh and will have varying amounts of colored and black speckles distributed throughout their feathers.

On this website you will find pictures. It's also a fantastic place to get eggs from, they have extremely high quality stock.

i (used to) have a male coturnix quail named elmo. he had the italian color pattern,but instead of the black streaks,there was more of darker yellow. do you know what pattern he may have had? just wondering atm

It was most likely an italian color pattern variation from the way that breeder selected stock. If you look through the pictures ive posted of my italians youll see a lot of variations of that color.

Thank you so much, this is really helpful information. I guess my two little ones are Pharaoh's then. Maybe one male, one female? Anyone agree with that assessment or have an alternative? Thanks in advance!!

That's a tibetan tuxedo mutt and a pharaoh hen. The tux you'll have to vent sex or wait till it crows/lays an egg. If the tux is a roo you should really consider getting more quail. Coturnix roosters should not be kept with less than four hens, they breed very aggressively and will literally stress one or two hens to death by over breeding them.

Thank you so much for your answer! I will definitely add some more hens. We incubated ten eggs but only three hatched, and one died. This was our first experience with quail and we were hoping for a better hatch rate and more chicks of course. But we will add some more soon. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom