Japanese Quail Coturnix Japonica Females???

sunsetvalleynz

Hatching
6 Years
May 31, 2013
Hi,

Just wondering if some one can tell if these are females?? I was sold them as females. . . but I got 4 "females" and a male from another source and put them together, the male killed one of the birds in a short period of time **approx 2 weeks** and was picking on another quite heavily but no problem with the other two apart from a bit of mating and the usual from what I can tell. I am just worried because looking on-line trying to find out what a females breast feather should look like these to me do not look like females. . . and I tried to sex them by vent with no luck. In the mean time I have separated the supposed females to one pen and the definite male to another **he crows & is the only one that I have seen do so** so I know he is male.

If any one can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Samantha

Hi, Just wondering if some one can tell if these are females?? I was sold them as females. . . but I got 4 "females" and a male from another source and put them together, the male killed one of the birds in a short period of time **approx 2 weeks** and was picking on another quite heavily but no problem with the other two apart from a bit of mating and the usual from what I can tell. I am just worried because looking on-line trying to find out what a females breast feather should look like these to me do not look like females. . . and I tried to sex them by vent with no luck. In the mean time I have separated the supposed females to one pen and the definite male to another **he crows & is the only one that I have seen do so** so I know he is male. If any one can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks Samantha
I would say the top two are females and the bottom one a male

I know this is an old thread but when I came across this
ep.gif
, I had to correct it.
All the photos are males for sure. I repeat definitely not females.
I have been breeding these types of Coturnix Quails for some time now. The top photo of the quail's front is similar to the New Zealand Quails - Their front is not bare. Google it and you will see.
All the best Quailing
smile.png
to you all.

Back
Top Bottom