Java chick hatching... but at wrong end !!! >>>>>>>> PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by chickenzoo, Jul 28, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Finally get one of these suckers to hatch and it's hatching from the wrong end !!!! [​IMG] Hope it makes it, I think I have one more trying also, I lost the third - it was perfect but didn't pip. I have had the worst luck with shipped eggs this year, yet all my IB eggs are hatching. [​IMG] Keep your fingers crossed for me. [​IMG]

UPDATE: Pics - Here she is.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And here's all the other IB peas waiting to grow out for their new mommies & dads - except for the Cameo, that's from Boggy and is Mine, Mine, Mine... LOL
    Also in there - 2 YG's, 2 Bamboo Partridge, 1 Turkey Poult, and 2 Polish

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If yours can do it maybe mine can too! I had that same issue- fully formed perfect chick inside the egg..... no pip [​IMG]

Good luck!

3. Pavo Royale

Pavo Royale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2009
    Gainesville, GA
    I have had a lot of that this year with all types of eggs.

4. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    First of hatching season mine ALL were hatching. Now I've had 3 the same - formed but didn't pip. I always heard that the first hatches were the strongest chicks and wondered if late in hatching season they just weren't as strong so didn't hatch as well.

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Looking good..... come on baby..... [​IMG]

Anyone have Java peachick pics?

6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

did it make it out?

Steve

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Yep, it is out this morning. Still needs to get it's land legs, so we will see. [​IMG]

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it a full Java?

Our last 3 pea eggs of 2010 stopped turning yesterday. That leaves a flat of quail eggs and 1 of Marans, both of them stop turning next week I think and "off goes the 'bator" [​IMG]

Steve

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  9. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    we want pics of the pretty little baby [​IMG] [​IMG] congrats the java's are so pretty.

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

It will either be Java or Spaulding, as she has a Java hen & a 7/8 hen? in with the male.... but she thought it was the Java hen that was still laying, so we shall see. I'm hoping for a girl as the other egg did not pip but had a perfect peachick....UGH !!! [​IMG] I don't know why these want to do this to me.... [​IMG] I've been hatching out my IB like crazy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by