Jerk Neighor is now considered a predator!!!

Quote:
Folks on here do not cheer when a dog is shot....they cheer when a PREDATOR is killed....make no mistake about it...a dog killing birds is a predator and deserves the same treatment as a coyote, fox, coon, weasel, mink, skunk etc etc. It is not about dog rights or chicken rights is about common decency towards your own sibling. There is a certain amount of understanding that should exist there...she has left his dog alone and a chicken in his tree certainly was not cause for him to shoot the bird. Does he have the right to shoot it? Sure he does....should he have done so? No We all expect losses when our birds free range but we do not expect them to be caused by our brother or sister who is being petty. Good grief grab a garden hose and wash the poop off, your yard will thank you and it is NOT a big job by any means.

As for your kudos...well I hope you can give them to her if she shoots the dog for killing, chasing, harrassing one of her birds or pooping in her yard. Why is it fine for him to let the dog run onto her property but not fine for her chickens to get onto his? It is not and he would do well to remember "People in glass houses should not throw stones"

OP I am sorry for your loss but you see what kind of person he is so treat him as such. Try to keep your birds home and do what you feel is best about his dog on your property.

Last edited:
I wonder....if the dog poops in her yard, can she shoot it?
tongue.png
I've seen times when this would have seemed a logical solution to neighborhood dogs!
tongue.png

Quote:
Folks on here do not cheer when a dog is shot....they cheer when a PREDATOR is killed....make no mistake about it...a dog killing birds is a predator and deserves the same treatment as a coyote, fox, coon, weasel, mink, skunk etc etc. It is not about dog rights or chicken rights is about common decency towards your own sibling. There is a certain amount of understanding that should exist there...she has left his dog alone and a chicken in his tree certainly was not cause for him to shoot the bird. Does he have the right to shoot it? Sure he does....should he have done so? No We all expect losses when our birds free range but we do not expect them to be caused by our brother or sister who is being petty. Good grief grab a garden hose and wash the poop off, your yard will thank you and it is NOT a big job by any means.

As for your kudos...well I hope you can give them to her if she shoots the dog for killing, chasing, harrassing one of her birds or pooping in her yard. Why is it fine for him to let the dog run onto her property but not fine for her chickens to get onto his? It is not and he would do well to remember "People in glass houses should not throw stones"

OP I am sorry for your loss but you see what kind of person he is so treat him as such. Try to keep your birds home and do what you feel is best about his dog on your property.

Very well said Cetawin, I completely agree. I could understand if the bird happen to be a Rooster that attacked him.

Quote:

OP I am sorry for your loss but you see what kind of person he is so treat him as such. Try to keep your birds home and do what you feel is best about his dog on your property

Very well said Cetawin, I completely agree. I could understand if the bird happen to be a Rooster that attacked him.

X2 very well said.

While I completely understand not wanting the feces of animals you don't even own/have interest in on your property, shooting one like that is uncalled for (unless this has been an on-going issue that you've been warned about several times and haven't yet remedied, even if that one night was purely an accident).

Regardless of the messiness of the aforementioned incident, the only thing you can do is put up a fence and clip wings. Further discussion with your brother probably isn't a bad idea, either, because there's always a chance that a bird could get out/etc. by accident and you don't need/want another shooting. Try to make peace with him, if you can. :\\

Quote:
Indeed true, but I would hope I could find a workable solution like building a fence and some tolerance while doing so were it my family
roll.png
If it were just the neighbor they have no reason to give more than one warning I guess....

JMO

What is so sad about this situation is the hatred, spitefulness and flat out disrespect. Just because someone does not heed to a verbal warning does not give a person the right to shot an animal/pet. Based on the actions of the OP's neighbor/brother maybe she should have moved a little more quickly, I am almost positive this is not his first bout of inappropriate behavior....but " to give kudos" to the brother for killing a pet does nothing to improve the situation. Maybe I am wrong.... maybe not....but it's that kind of attitude that has changed our society for the worse. And...I am not talking about taking an animals life, here. This attitude is rampant in our society...it's the moral decay that our founding Father's worked so hard for, which... by the way, is now in the trash. It's just my two cents after reading all the various replies to this post.......so sad:hit
I hope OP that you can come from power, now. Protect what is yours. Get the fence up to protect your responsibility (ie...your property, your animals and to protect his dog). It's obvious he's too ignorant to figure that out....heart breaking...really...Good luck!

Quote:
Indeed true, but I would hope I could find a workable solution like building a fence and some tolerance while doing so were it my family
roll.png
If it were just the neighbor they have no reason to give more than one warning I guess....

JMO

I do agree, I would have hoped her brother may have been more understanding
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom