Jersey Giant lovers

Here are some of my Jersey Giants that have just started laying at 4 months old:

And a Jersy Giant rooster:

I personally love the blue variety, and i also love the black variety. I wonder how it would look in buff coloring...

*the chicken towards the back in the first image with a pea comb and looks white-ish is an easter egger, not one of the Jerseys.
What a handsome rooster!

IMG_9272.jpg

I set 13 Jersey Giant eggs and 5 Speckled Sussex eggs today! Come March I'll be putting the male in with my best hens and hoping for some show prospects.

Last edited:
I was hoping to get some blue and splash JG pullets from Maria this year but I can’t get her website working. Is she still in business? If not does anyone know of any other good breeders of blue and splash JGs?

I've not heard of her going out of business. When I try to pull up the site it says it's down for routine maintenance. How long have you been trying to access the site?

If you are on Facebook, look up Wahler's Layers and Keep On Truckin HomeNstead (she also has a website if you don't use FB). I don't have stock from either of them so I can't personally vouch for the quality of their birds but the pictures of their stock look really nice. Keep on Truckin is also NPIP certified.

My stock is from Maria and I'm quite happy, but no blues here. Only black.

Back
Top Bottom