Jersey Giant lovers

Pics
IMG_6608.JPG

My cockerel measures about 18" tall, he was hatched in June of this year. When he stretches out, he can reach the 24" mark. Note: This small pen was used for photos only.

IMG_6607.JPG

Thank you! He looks a little funky all stretched out but he was trying to find out if he could get enough lift to clear the photo pen. I would like to see more length to his back and a fuller, wider tail.

Do you guys frequently get eggs from your girls? Or are they slackers? Mine normally lay qbout 6 eggs a day(not all of the 10 are laying yet), and now the average is 1. I believe yhey are molting, but I definitely know my EE is molting. How are your birds doing?

My flock is all juveniles so no eggs yet. They are definitely molting - I had to do a count today because I thought a predator killed a bird. Nope, just a file of molted feathers.

My last flock of Giants I averaged about 3 eggs per week from each hen, if that helps. Not the best layers out there, but not bad either.

My flock is all juveniles so no eggs yet. They are definitely molting - I had to do a count today because I thought a predator killed a bird. Nope, just a file of molted feathers.

My last flock of Giants I averaged about 3 eggs per week from each hen, if that helps. Not the best layers out there, but not bad either.
Nice. By the way, it was just out of curiosity. Have a good day!

Back
Top Bottom