Jersey Giant lovers

Of course you can follow! I definately recommend getting them. They are huge(but have poor meat to feed ratio, I dont know what the feed to meat ratio is nor do I know how to calculate it, but they tend to be poor from what I have read), they have the cutest fluffy butts, they lay well(or atleast mine do), they are gorgeous (especially the blue imo), they are full of energy(especially when free ranging, they absolutely love it!), and they are just so cute! Good luck with them if you decide to get some, and have a wonderful day!
:thumbsup
i know i really want them but i chose bantams over 1 more large fowl(that was a expansive choice)

You know, I have actually heard of Jersey Giant bantams, but have never seen a picture or much information about them. They are accepted in the APA, but I have read that any Jersey Giants shown look nothing like Jersey Giants and have other bantam characteristics instead.
:idunno
If they are real, then that would be cool, and you could still get Jersey Giants! If they are real, I have no idea where you could get them, but they would most likely be very expensive. Just something to consider.

You know, I have actually heard of Jersey Giant bantams, but have never seen a picture or much information about them. They are accepted in the APA, but I have read that any Jersey Giants shown look nothing like Jersey Giants and have other bantam characteristics instead.
If they are real, then that would be cool, and you could still get Jersey Giants! If they are real, I have no idea where you could get them, but they would most likely be very expensive. Just something to consider.
hm i havent but i will check it out
i dont have room for more bantys thought maybe in the spring i could get some full sized one along with the few beliefelders im going to get
we shall see

There is a good article on the Jersey Giant club website explaining why bantam JGs were recognized but none exist: http://nationaljerseygiantclub.com/media/Document_15.pdf

Basically, a bantam version of a Giant doesn’t make sense. It takes away what a Jersey Giant is supposed to be: giant.

There is a good article on the Jersey Giant club website explaining why bantam JGs were recognized but none exist: http://nationaljerseygiantclub.com/media/Document_15.pdf

Basically, a bantam version of a Giant doesn’t make sense. It takes away what a Jersey Giant is supposed to be: giant.
Yeah, that is where I read that none exist, and I have no evidence that it does currently. I agree with it takes away the giant, but maybe if they were larger than most bantams(but small enough to be considered a bantam) and have the same characteristic? Never heard of such a bird that actually exists, and never believed it for a second. I just put it out there in case it might just exist, or possibly something similar. Thanks for putting the link in!

Of course you can follow! I definately recommend getting them. They are huge(but have poor meat to feed ratio, I dont know what the feed to meat ratio is nor do I know how to calculate it, but they tend to be poor from what I have read), they have the cutest fluffy butts, they lay well(or atleast mine do), they are gorgeous (especially the blue imo), they are full of energy(especially when free ranging, they absolutely love it!), and they are just so cute! Good luck with them if you decide to get some, and have a wonderful day!
:thumbsup
Very long slow meat to feed ratio, why they never took off as 'the new turkey'.
Great birds tho i love 'em. Gentle giants and very hardy too.

I foregot that I wanted to add sone more pistures of my girls!

Attachments

• 20220909_172229.jpg
    20220909_172229.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220904_154535.jpg
    20220904_154535.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220904_154321.jpg
    20220904_154321.jpg
    989.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220902_161253.jpg
    20220902_161253.jpg