Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Sounds like you got a splash roo! KEWL! They sound so sweet! Reading about them makes me want to bust out the bator again....NOOOOOO!!!!

We will keep an eye on that one and see. It's possible it is. None of the blacks we can tell yet, but their legs aren't nearly as thick as that one either, so time will tell.
smile.png

Bluemoon

I've had them fool me that way, too. I've had chicks that were huge, biggest ones in the hatch, bigger all along the way until around 8 weeks, when they slowed down & the others caught up, and they were pullets. So you're right; you just really can't tell.

I`ve tried alot methods to find out the sex of the little chickies. From waving a large brim hat over them(The pullets will scrunch up into little balls) to the Henny Penny method which I think is the easiest and just as accurate as all the rest.

Hi everyone I am looking for white jersey Giants. If anyone knows who may be selling hatching eggs please let me know. They are really hard to find. I just love the white ones. Well I really love them all but would like to start with the white ones first.

Thanks

Karen

Hey, Karen - I'm sure someone here on BYC has them, but for sure, Sandhill Preservation has them. I don't know that they sell hatching eggs, though - they may only sell chicks.

White would be cool.

What does a splash JG look like? Looks like we'll be keeping our one JG after all. He's made friends with my hubby.
smile.png
We may need a friend for him. Can you mix black and white? (or blue)

Back
Top Bottom