Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Very beautiful chicks Wynette gave you!!
love.gif

After further research and so as not to mislead anyone, I would like to correct my previous post regarding white jersey giants. The true white giants are based on recessive white, not dominant white. (This wouldn't prevent a breeder from "making" dominant white based giants however) This means that recessive (cc) white/white matings will always (short of a rare mutation or sport) produce white birds. Sorry for any confusion.

1f44d.png
way to go!! That is just great news! I hope you clean house at each and every show this year! Best wishes and we as jg breeders/ owners are proud of y'all!

Well I will be showing a black pullet(9 month old)
Jg in the York show on may 5. I'm not sure if I can handle two but have a splash hen and my rooster ,but I can't risk him or I'd be done for.
So it will be set as this is my first real show and all my cull birds are gone and we will see if I did right and kept the best ones. Wish me luck I sure will need it!
My will be feeling like a kid on that first date - asking myself what did I get myself into!
Luckily I am going witha friend that is showing to and she will be able to help keep me in line.
1f61c.png

I know it's silly but hopefully once I get one under my belt and know what to do and all it will get better.
What is the best way to work with this pullet so she will not freak out when the judges handle her?
I will take all the help anyone wants to give !

thanks!!
good luck on your up coming show!
We just love showing off out GIANTS!!! even after the show was over and the judges were talking about the show. They mentioned our JG no other breed. great for advertising the breed!!!

My advice on your pullet is Handel often! A LOT!!! and enjoy your GIANTS
1f44d.png
way to go!! That is just great news! I hope you clean house at each and every show this year! Best wishes and we as jg breeders/ owners are proud of y'all!
Well I will be showing a black pullet(9 month old)
Jg in the York show on may 5. I'm not sure if I can handle two but have a splash hen and my rooster ,but I can't risk him or I'd be done for.
So it will be set as this is my first real show and all my cull birds are gone and we will see if I did right and kept the best ones. Wish me luck I sure will need it!
My will be feeling like a kid on that first date - asking myself what did I get myself into!
Luckily I am going witha friend that is showing to and she will be able to help keep me in line.
1f61c.png

I know it's silly but hopefully once I get one under my belt and know what to do and all it will get better.
What is the best way to work with this pullet so she will not freak out when the judges handle her?
I will take all the help anyone wants to give !

4-h - WOOT! AWESOME - Congrats - I'm SO happy for you! How many in the American class? Was this an APA show? Who was the judge? NEED MORE DETAILS! CONGRATS!!!!! How exciting!

YellowC - glad to see you posting here - I always enjoyed your posts from other threads, and thanks for the explanations.

Bill - okay, that splash is HUGE! Holy cow!
ep.gif
Can't wait to see that one grow up! Congrats on a good hatch - great job!!

Soaring - when are yours due to hatch again??

AWESOME!!! What's funny is my JG hen got the same prizes at one of those big shows! And then 6 days later at another show, got Champion American... hope that happens to you guys!! Best wishes!

First show of the season and we won BB and RES AMERICAN....
thumbsup.gif

next show in Two week......lets take the AMERICAN CLASS!!!!!!!

That is great news ! Best wishes for all show goers!!!
Wynette I will check we I get home. I have so much going on I have to log everything or I'd forget .
I can't wait it's all I can do not to candle them all the time!
1f601.png

Thanks for the well wishes too!

Back
Top Bottom