Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Hello, just wanted to post pics.....
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p226/Herman63/3bluejg5.jpeg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p226/Herman63/3bluejg4.jpeg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p226/Herman63/3bluejg6.jpeg

There is a show this coming weekend in Sedailia, Mo and plan on going to see what i can see. Hoping to see some Jersey Giants....
yippiechickie.gif

But if not will enjoy seeing the other poultry.....
D.gif

Herman

Thanks so much for all the happy post about the win!!

Yes, Austin is not calling Evan evil any more. He was beaming with smiles after the judge talked to him. I was so pleased with the judge pointing out the good things in Evan. From the length on back, slope on tail, nice saddle feathers, beautiful bird, Big and I mean Big bone structure. The judge could tell that Evan was not but about 8months old. That is why he didn't win over all.
When Evan gets his full tail feathers in he will go far keep him well conditioned.

People Wynette is so right about getting started in the wonderful breed. DO YOUR RESEARCH... I have seen several line at these shows and when they are cooped next to each other you can SEE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!!!

Hey Guys im new here and have owned chickens for 1 week and i am head over heals crazy about them... Im from northern middle Tn, and bought my Jersey Giants at a amish/mininite auction heres some pics 1 rooster 2 hens( camera shy)

Hey blackTNgiants, I did the same thing. There was a huge Amish Consignment auction this past week end and I bought blues and splashes. Each group was 5 hens and 1 roo. All were listed as 1 year old. I have already had 6 eggs from them. Can't wait to start incubating them! Adding this dozen to my 10 week old blacks and a few others if hatched 4 weeks ago, that brings me to a grand total of 28. Can't wait to see what I can raise from this group! I absolutely love this breed!

Hey blackTNgiants, I did the same thing. There was a huge Amish Consignment auction this past week end and I bought blues and splashes. Each group was 5 hens and 1 roo. All were listed as 1 year old. I have already had 6 eggs from them. Can't wait to start incubating them! Adding this dozen to my 10 week old blacks and a few others if hatched 4 weeks ago, that brings me to a grand total of 28. Can't wait to see what I can raise from this group! I absolutely love this breed!
Best wishes.. after seeing some of the splashes and blues im looking into them also very beautiful birds.. have had mine for 9 days and they have layed 9 eggs between the 2 hens. my brother bought 5 barred rock hens and a awesome Legbar rooster and has only had 1 egg from the 5 and it was layed the day we brought em home dont know whats up with them?? we bought ours at the scottsville amish auction did you go to the Elkton one?

No Casey County auction. I got 10 hens and have 6 eggs in 2 days. It takes time for them to adjust to new environments. I think the ones I bought have been in small confines, they act like then are starving and don't know which end is up! They will settle down in a few days. I really look forward to hatching eggs from them! Good luck with your new flock additions!

There is a show this coming weekend in Sedailia, Mo and plan on going to see what i can see. Hoping to see some Jersey Giants....
But if not will enjoy seeing the other poultry.....
Herman
Dist. Vll - State Meet - Sedalia, MO - April 20, 2013
Herman.. I got this off the club page.. If they're meeting i would hope .. there will be lots for you to see.
I wish i were closer.. I' like to see some..

People Wynette is so right about getting started in the wonderful breed.
DO YOUR RESEARCH... I have seen several line at these shows and when they are cooped next to each other you can SEE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!!!
Congratulations.. that is really wonderful..

Herman, do you live in Mo? If you do there is a good Facebook group called Missouri chicken Swap. Lots of good discussion on there. Could use another JG fan on there.

Back
Top Bottom