Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

I am going to have a few Black Jersey Giant hatching eggs for sale over the next few weeks. $30 dozen + shipping. Eggs are from a trio and pair. Marked seperatly. These are from show birds that won Best Display @ the Giant Nat last Oct. Pm me. Orders filled in order of messg sent and pd. No paypal here.
Hello NC.. I wonder if you wouldnt mind putting up some photo's of these birds..
I've been learning about what your kind of birds might look like.. ( i know there is more than the photo -- ie hands on )
however it would be really nice if you could post some photo's.. ( at any age.. ) you may have of these..
It would be a great learning tool..
Thank you .. Debra

some photos of my new coop that I plan to fill with JG!!! They hope to be done with it by next week. Just ordered the siding and tin roof today! this is a 10' x 40' building with 4 separate coops with their own runs! GUESS WHAT?......TIME TO FILL THAT BATOR WITH JG!!!! its 11' tall in the front and slopes to a 9' back i will have 4 windows in the building for ventilation i will take photos as they get more done on it inside pens will be (2) 5'x14' on each end open middle for grow out pens with a 10'x12' middle for show pens and cages also cages in the coop for show birds
Wow, a BIG beautiful building for some BIg beautiful chickens ! Can hardly wait.

Had to show of my 10 week olds! 2 Hens and 4 Roosters.... Oh goodness, just my luck.
idunno.gif

I love my Jersey Giants!

Last edited:
I always candle around day 7, day 14, and 18. I like to see air sac development, to help know if my humidity is correct. I also like to keep an eye on embryo development throughout the process. I have a cheap candler that came with my incubator, in a kit. I can see in my Jersey Giant eggs pretty good. Mine are all young breeding trios at this point, so the eggs are fairly light. Friday was day 7, I have 40 in, and could see embryo movement in 39 of them. The last one was difficult to see in, so I marked it, and put it back in til next week,

Last edited:
I set eggs thursday and I have desided not to candle till lockdown when i remove turner. Feel the less I handle the better...
X2 my wife dropped a day 18 egg that was developing and she never forgot that and won't touch them at all now. I'll wait for lock down to pull the clear eggs. I am lucky and have never had an egg explode.

Back
Top Bottom