Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Cyborg. I'd really like to see that bird. It surprises me that in the length of time the Jersey Giants have been around we don't see more color variations.

OK, here ya go. He was hatched on Memorial Day.

I got him kind of accidentally, I had one barred rock hen at the time, but no barred cocks. Set a random batch of eggs, the barred rock was obviously the mother, and I'm assuming a JG father. Not planning on setting any more eggs til springtime, but I'll watch the egg parentage a wee bit more closely!

He is on the cull list, but I've been holding off to see how he develops.

Last edited:
I got him kind of accidentally, I had one barred rock hen at the time, but no barred cocks. Set a random batch of eggs, the barred rock was obviously the mother, and I'm assuming a JG father. Not planning on setting any more eggs til springtime, but I'll watch the egg parentage a wee bit more closely!

He is on the cull list, but I've been holding off to see how he develops.

Where are you located I'd be interested in taking him in for breeding purposes

What age can I Micky chicks with my older chickens???
TIA

If you have a broody chicken the best is to stick them under her when she's not looking and hope she thinks they are hers momma hen knows best if not depends on the weather I'd think plus the demeanor of your flock if they are all nice and accepting as soon as they can deal with the temps

Back
Top Bottom