Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Forgot to mention Achmed. She's a couple of months old and is bosom buddies with a tiny white silkie named flea. Both were named before I knew they were pullets, if yer wondering.

Hi, update from Kathy's eggs/now older. 17 weeks now. 4 roos and 3 hens. All very sweet. All blue, no blacks. Gotta take more pics. I hope I can rehome 2 roos. I'd like to keep the splash one for breeding, and there's one giant dark blue roo who likes me, we call him Big Guy. I might name the splash roo BOO! I've named 2 hens so far, Jackie Blue, and Maybelline (she's very laced). My husband even knows all their names and I have 35 chickens! How's that for a DH?

I have the picture of the week!!! My Millie, my beloved Jersey Giant who passed away at age six just this past April is the pic of the week on the main BYC page!!!
wee.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
D.gif

Here is some pics of my roo Charlie trying to looking cool with the girls.As you can see in one pic he has bumble face. I think he got a bug bite or he was getting fresh and got pecked. He has to learn that Cluck means cluck!
60141_swoon4m.jpg
60141_tough_guy4m.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
very nice pic.
smile.png

Thanks all! I was lucky to get it. My Pet Chicken was just starting out and they came to our poultry show to take pics for anyone who signed up to their website. Now that she's gone, I'm so grateful to have them. She was the first chicken I had ever held, and was my favorite from day one. She was the head chicken, so it was very undignified to have me pick her up, and when I would finally put her back down, she would run around pecking the others as if to remind them that, although she had to suffer such indignities, she was still in charge! She is the reason that Giants are my favorite breed.

Pic heavy. These are from Kathyinmo's eggs she sent me. They're 17 weeks, and I think 2 hens have laid because I got 2 darker brown eggs this morning, not familiar.

037.jpg

lawanda

023-2.jpg

roo#4

Jackie Blue
031-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

Big Guy
034-1.jpg

026-2.jpg

Maybelline
002-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

roo # 3
017-2.jpg

BOO
018.jpg

032.jpg

Quote:
Tinman, watch your roo for any nasal discharge, rales, eye discharge. Hopefully, it is a bug bite. I'm going though an outbreak of some form of Cronic Resiratory Disease, and even though several chickens had swollen sinuses on both sides, I had one with swollen sinuses and around the eye on just one side.
And keep an eye on everyone else, too.
Good luck,
Dale-Ann

Back
Top Bottom