Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

yes it does I just want to go and learn and see what JG really should look like for I know first hand what i need to look for before I cull any of my birds and what I want them to look like.

oh my gosh - I just walked into the barn and heard this... Ford Model T horn on a low battery croaking kind of noise...

i approached the babies' pen...

waited a few seconds...

and there came that noise again, from a confused-looking Moose
lau.gif

he's not even 8 weeks yet!

he "crowed" a couple more times, until his voice ran out, and then he proceeded to clean his butt feathers.

man, I'm so in love with this little guy
lol.png

My 7 wk. old Jersey roo's haven't started crowing yet but my 10 wk. old English Orps just started last week....it is a pitiful sound, eh? You have to laugh and yet are so proud of the youngsters attempts.

Quote:
Thanks, but they are full.

I have 4 new jg's!
wee.gif

From the window it looks like a blk, 3 blues ( 1 maybe a blk) & the 6 am very big mouth is a light blue splash.
Bator & hatcher are in my room
roll.png
so I have a nice alarm today.
There is 1 move eggs but I don't see any pip holes so not sure if it will hatch.
Sunday was hatch day.
This are sunangels jg's and are nice big chicks.
Pictures when I know the hatch is over and everyone is dry.

I will try to get pictures of they other 4 that are starting to feather in now too.
love.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif

My mentally slow Little Joe didn't start crowing until he was 18 weeks.

57171_img_2710.jpg

Stan the Man started a 17 weeks.

57171_100_0557.jpg

Oddly, Little Joe does the most crowing and wing dancing while Stan the Man makes sure the gals gets the best morsels of food. Guess who is the most popular with the gals?

Does an early-crowing (as in, not yet 8 weeks old) cockerel mean he has more testosterone than normal?

Does this indicate a possible aggressive roo in the future, or one that is dominant?

I've never had a roo crow at such a young age... and I really want to keep Moose, but if he crows too much or is aggressive in any way...
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom