Jewelry people...

Red amber is a good name for the color. My mom picked them up for me, I would make her a pair of earrings but they'll have to be short or she won't wear them. And thank you.
big_smile.png

Since you have used a wigjig...what kind of surface do you set the whole thing on when using it? I've tried a regular ole table, but the pegs are longer than the "feet" of the wigjig and the little plastic things slide off a touch which allows the wire to fit underneath the pegs. Last night I used a tray that has foam on it and that helped a bit, but I still had to adjust the pegs every little bit.

Cool earrings! I'm just getting back into jewelry making after a short stint 15 yrs ago. I'm awaiting a big order from FMG and can't wait! Did some wrap rings, a stretch bracelet set with seed beads(man, those things are a b*tch to string onto the stretch stuff!), and some bead earrings on wire. Not great for first attempts, but I'll get better with time. Maybe I'll post some pics this weekend.
I enjoy looking at other peoples' stuff to give me ideas
smile.png

Your jewelry is really nice! Maybe your new hobby will turn into something to bring in a little extra money. Are you selling them? They'd make great gifts too. I love those blue ones with the silverish cap on top. Look forward to seeing more of your creations.

Those are beautiful earrings!

This is a little older thread, but I do have some suggestions for the jig problem. You might be able to use some of the wider pegs as feet for the jig, by pushing them in from the bottom, instead of the top. If you see this, give that a try and see if it works.

Otherwise, my only suggestions were to work on foam or glue feet underneath it. There is soft spongy foam and harder foam, like a Styrofoam. I'd try using both types, to see if one works better than the other. There's also a finer, softer type of Styrofoam, like the type used for some floral arrangements that might work, too. It should allow you to press the pegs that are a little too long down into it, so they don't pop up. I think this might be the type used for live arrangements.

You could also try making a little frame for it, that holds it just above the table's surface. Cardboard might work. I'd cut two pieces of cardboard. One for the jig to sit on and be a little larger than the jig. That would be the bottom piece. The other piece would be larger than the jig also and have an opening in the middle just large enough for the jig to sit in securely. That would be the top piece.

Those two pieces would be glued or taped together. Then you would cut a smaller hole in the center of the bottom piece. This would let the ends of the pegs hang down, while the edge of the jig is still resting on the bottom piece of cardboard, holding it above the surface of the table.

I have the Thing-a-ma-Jig and I like it. The underside has rubber feet so that it holds itself to a solid surface like a table. There are also these plastic stoppers that go on one end of the pegs so that they stay put. The aluminum one, which is the one I have, is probably better than the plastic one because it's heavier.

I forgot I had even made this thread....I figured out my jig pretty well...along with lots of other stuff.

I have sold several pairs of earrings and I'm actually planning on setting up a table at a local arts/crafts thing next month. I work at a restaurant and will also be making some to sell there..as long as I get the energy to do it.

I haven't made tons of earrings...although I do have TONS of beads and things.

Here's a couple pics of other earrings I've made (definitely not all of them)...the pictures are terrible and I can't get the right color for most of them..but you'll get the idea.

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

oh my, I love that wiggjigg stuff I think I need to get one! LOL. I wanted to let you know we do have a monthly jewelry supply swap here in the hobbies thread last months swap is in my siggie and the link to this months is in the last post there (or almost last lol) and we will be starting another in a few weeks! You should join us!

I've looked at the swaps before, but I don't think I can bring myself to give up any of the things I have. I might have a hoarding problem.
big_smile.png
I always think, well what if I come up with the PERFECT idea for *this* bead...and it's gone? I don't like to run out of anything.

Maybe sometime in the future I'll be able to participate.

Back
Top Bottom