Jive Turkey is getting big

toredano

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Grainger County,TN
When I got him he was smaller than the guienas .. now look at him.. that long legged beast.
I feel like the gushing parent or something. I know its just a ole turkey and prolly not much to look at. But he is sweet and so darn cute.
I am planning on really hand taming him so I can take himaround to our local schools etc to show the kids. Some never seen any live ones and I think it would be a good thing for kids to maybe get into rasing some of these neat birds

Picture373.jpg

Picture367.jpg

Picture371.jpg

Picture375.jpg

The more time you take to work them the tamer they will get!

oh sure Steve - tell that to TurkZilla!! he tried to peck my eyes out again!!!

and here's the worst part - we had folks over this weekend. TZ ignored the husband and loved the wife!! all while he was trying to kill me thru the fence.

sheesh! ingrate.

everyone loves a turkey but may not love you back!

hee hee hee

toredano - those are some spectacular birds! love the pix​

Quote:
oh sure Steve - tell that to TurkZilla!! he tried to peck my eyes out again!!!

and here's the worst part - we had folks over this weekend. TZ ignored the husband and loved the wife!! all while he was trying to kill me thru the fence.

sheesh! ingrate.

everyone loves a turkey but may not love you back!

hee hee hee

toredano - those are some spectacular birds! love the pix

hehe .. was she wearing eau de turkey?

I am just wating for him to grow up and chase my inlaws off the property
gig.gif

its all hilarious until the turkey turns around...

honestly i used to snuggle him, carry him around... the whole thing. then breeding season started and now it takes a big stick, 2 dogs (also big), and three shots of tequila (2 fingers each) before i get into the pen with him!

meanwhile - there is my husband, sitting in the grass with that big ol' tom like they are old friends.

as for the inlaws... i have the meanest son of a so-n-so gander for my dear MIL... see my signature for his feats of daring. some day i'll post the scar on my arm from that epic battle....

Quote:
Dont be .. you didnt offend me one bit. Please dont think you offended me.

I know where the turkeys go when they dont come home at night..lol

Back
Top Bottom